Home Quicken for Mac Download, Add/Update Accounts (Mac)

Alight-Citi 401k Connectivity

Has anyone had an issue as of Fri Feb 14 2020 with updating their Citi 401k info? A new (to me) error started popping up indicating the User ID or password is invalid (Download error 15500). Since I can log into the Citi website just fine, I am guessing the issue is at Alight, but there is no way to reset a password for Citigroup on their website, you just get a redirect back to Citi. I also called them directly and the rep also pushed me back to Citi. If anyone has run into the same issue and resolved it, I am requesting some guidance as to how you succeeded. Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @kjanik

Thank you for taking the time to visit the community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

Can you confirm which version you are seeing this issue on?

I see that you have Windows and Mac data files and this post is categorized as Windows, however, the 15500 error is a Mac error.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-15500-or-2000-updating-accounts-quicken-mac

If you are having issues on both platforms, what is the error that you are receiving on the Windows version?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • JacksonJackson Member
    Has this been resolved? I have the exact same problem with Citi and Alight, it began on 2/14/20.
    Please advise. John
  • kjanikkjanik Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka: My apologies for the confusion---I am only operating on the Mac platform---MacOS Catalina v 10.15.3.
  • JacksonJackson Member
    Who can I contact regarding Windows 10?
  • kjanikkjanik Member ✭✭
    i have not made any changes to my OS since dec 2019, so i am wondering if this issue has nothing to do with the platform, especially since jackson started experiencing the same thing on the same day
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited February 27
    Hello @kjanik

Thank you for the response and for providing more details.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If the trouble persists after completing these steps, please contact support directly for further assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • kjanikkjanik Member ✭✭
    This is the path I explored when I was on the phone with a Quicken rep a week ago. It did not work then, and I just tried it now---no luck. It continues to tell me that Alight Solutions did not accept my ID/password. Do you have a phone number or email at Alight that I can use? Perhaps they need to reset something on their end so it will accept the credentials that Quicken is attempting to pass through to them. Thank you.
  • John_MJohn_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Given this past week, it's probably better not to be looking at your 401(k) balance. :'(
  • adamsmadamsm Member
    Someone, Alight, Citi, or Quicken needs to take ownership of this. As of 1/24, Alight changed there connection to Citi's TotalCompOnline which broke all the current connections. TotalCompuses Citi's Single Sign On (SSO) and uses not only the SSO password, but requires secondary authentication. Unless this is addressed, Quicken will NEVER work again with Alight Solutions.
  • John_MJohn_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    I do not think that the issue lies with Alight. My employer also uses Alight, but I am not having any issues (other than a declining balance this past week :/ ). I have a feeling that the issue is with Citi's change in how they connect using a SSO. You may wish to call your employee benefits department. Good luck with finding where the issue is.
  • JacksonJackson Member
    I called Citi and they said a reset of the password would fix the connection. They have sent the reset password in snail mail so I won't know if that was the issue until I receive the mail. I told them I was able to access the site on the internet and only had the download failure.
  • kjanikkjanik Member ✭✭
    that's great, jackson---please let us know how that goes
  • JacksonJackson Member
    Reset password for Totalcomponline did not work. Still researching with no luck.
  • dcostandidcostandi Member ✭✭
    Good luck getting anything out of the Citi service center. Unless something dramatic has changed since I worked in their organization years ago they will not be able to troubleshoot squat and there would be less than a 5% chance they'll understand what the question is yet alone figure out how who to contact for a solution. Sad but true. I'm seriously thinking of moving my 401K somewhere else since I no longer work there.
  • tejaskrtejaskr Member
    Yes, I have had the same problem. This was the login for Citi Alight https://leplb0770.upoint.alight.com/web/citigroup/login till last month.
    Now it routes you to the Total Comp page which requires SSO.
  • JacksonJackson Member
    I agree, that was the site that my password was associated with. I will try Citi again and ask them what site the password reset they sent me was for. It wasn't Totalcomp as the letter stated.
  • tejaskrtejaskr Member
    Thanks. Keep us posted.
    Solution might for Mint/Quicken to get access to https://logintotalcomponline.citigroup.com/