Home Quicken for Windows Reports (Windows)

Why is actual expense not shown

RED16RED16 Member ✭✭
One of my Quicken reports does not list Actual Exp for a Category (shows as zero) even though the budget amount is correct and included. It is shown on other reports. Why is this happening?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you click on the zero, does it find the transactions it should be totaling at the top level?
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you compare the accounts you have included in the budget view with the accounts you have included in the budget report:  In the budget view, select Budget Actions > Select accounts....  In the budget report, press Alt + C and select the Accounts tab.

    Note: The budget view may be set to include reminders whereas the report may not: select Budget Actions > View Options 
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • RED16RED16 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jim - no actual transaction amounts are listed; though the budget amount is shown.
  • RED16RED16 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Sherlock - I had done that; as you suggested did it again. All of that appears to be in order. Still no transaction amounts for the one category on the report in question (that shows yearly amounts for each of the last 3 years using the current year budget) but the actual for that category does appear on another report for the current year.
  • RED16RED16 Member ✭✭
    Jim and Sherlock - thanks for helping with this. I have found that the one category actual transaction total does appear in a single yearly report format. However, when I change to custom dates in order to show yearly totals (in order to display/compare for each year of 3 years on one report), the actual for that one category becomes zero. A mystery remains!
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • RED16RED16 Member ✭✭
    UKR and Sherlock - thanks for you help with this. UKR, they were lost and now they are found. It was a change that I had made in the category in prior years that resulted in the transactions not be found. All is well now. Thanks again
Sign In or Register to comment.