Password Managers / Quicken Password Vault

Options
phmassie
phmassie Member ✭✭
Can Password Managers such as 1Password be used with Quicken Password Vault? I have not switched to a Password Manager yet, but wondered if it is generating random passwords and storing them how this would work with Quicken Password Vault when updating all of my accounts?

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    We use the KeePass password manager for the Password Vault password and to generate the financial institution passwords.  It's a simple matter to update a password in Quicken when we update the password for a financial institution or the Password Vault.  

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Password Vault does not generate random passwords nor does it work directly with password generation tools.  It is simply a data storage vault where you can manually enter and save your online account login information for the accounts you want included in One Step Update (OSU) so you don't need to manually re-enter that information every time you run OSU.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    We use the KeePass password manager for the Password Vault password and to generate the financial institution passwords.  It's a simple matter to update a password in Quicken when we update the password for a financial institution or the Password Vault.  
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note that in another thread a user of KeePass mentioned that he uses "auto typing" to fill in the passwords on the One Step Update dialog when not using the Quicken Password Vault.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.