When I edit my budget, I cannot save my changes because the "Exit Quicken" function does not work.

Options
How can I save my budget changes. IF I FORCE CLOSE I lose all the changes.

Best Answers

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hello @Roncib,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First-- Could you please provide the version release of Quicken that you are running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    If you haven't yet, please try the following 2 suggestions below that I have for you as a starting point. If you need it, you can find the necessary steps to follow for these suggestions in this support article.
    1. Try saving a backup file and then restoring that same saved backup file (See instructions in the above-linked article under "Quicken for Mac" and first review the blue dropdown section titled "Backup in Quicken for Mac", then the blue dropdown section titled "Restore an automatic backup").
    2. If the issue didn't start too long ago-- Try restoring a backup file from before this issue started (See instructions in the above-linked article under "Quicken for Mac" and open the blue dropdown section titled "Restore Quicken data").
    Also, after each step, see if you are then able to quit Quicken like you normally would without needing to force quit the application.

Let us know how it goes and/or if you have any further questions!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Roncib
    Roncib Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I am using the new online version of Quicken Deluxe for Mac. Don't know when it started because I just bought this MAC, and transferred the data file from my Windows PC.

Since the old budget data did not come over from my old version, I tried to set up a new budget. Once the automatic budget loaded I tried to adjust it with better data.

As soon as I change data, the red dot in the upper left disappears & I cannot exit Quicken without forcing it, which means I LOOSE MY CHANGES
This discussion has been closed.