Fifth Third Bank Returns OL-295 error

Options

Comments

• solbergjns
    solbergjns Member ✭✭
    Options
    The update didn't work for me either. Very sad.
  • kyflyer79
    kyflyer79 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Been dealing with this issue since March. I too thought the new update would resolve this issue, but to no avail. This is totally unacceptable on the part of both Fifth Third and Quicken. You would think that because this issue affects so many users, that Quicken would want to resolve this as quickly as possible. Shame on you Quicken!
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @M William
    You should still be able to log into 5/3 and export each account data to Quicken by selecting the QFX option. This has always worked for me, but, it is just a nuisance workaround until 5/3 and Quicken get their act together. It's waste of time right now to attempt calling support for either company. You will be placed on an endless hold and never get to a live person.

BTW, the latest Quicken 2020 update today (5/6/20) did not help with the OL-295-A error downloading transactions. Issue is still ongoing as of today.
  • David Neufarth
    David Neufarth Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sadly, I also have been suffering through this issue. I agree that some statement of update by Q support would be welcomed by all. It would at least provide an indicator of some progress on the road to resolution (or not).

I also had hope when I installed the update today. Now, just disappointment.
  • REvelyn01
    REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    [removed - disruptive/violation of community guidelines]
  • emitch62
    emitch62 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue with my Fifth Third accounts since April. Performed the most recent update hoping it would correct things, but it did not.
    Please help, Quicken!
  • solbergjns
    solbergjns Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    (Removed-Rant/Sarcastic) 
  • Rogerb2
    Rogerb2 Member
    Options
    I contacted Quicken support today and was told they know about the problem and are working on it but have not idea when it will be fixed. I am looking for another program at this time.
  • jlison2011
    jlison2011 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why isn't this Fifth Third issue listed in the current online banking issues page? this has been going on for over a month.
  • BobHOA
    BobHOA Member
    Options
    Quicken has a lot of explaining to do. Their response to this issue has been terrible. My last connection with 5/3rd was successful mid March. If they say the problem has been addressed with some users but not all points to a Quicken issue. Why am I paying for a Quicken subscription that I can't use? Close to two months to resolve a connection issue points to either lack of effort or complete incompetency. I'll be looking for another interface once my Quicken subscription expires.
  • dmbradford
    dmbradford Member ✭✭
    Options
    Any update on this issue?
  • SRENGEL
    SRENGEL Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I have been previewing other software due to this issue, and have found that [removed] is currently experiencing the same issue. They are indicating that 5/3 changed something but are not being up front about what they changed and as a result it is making it difficult to reestablish the link.

At this point, I don't care whose fault it is but it needs to be fixed. I am not going to continue my subscription with Quicken once mine runs out as their customer service has not stood up to my expectations with communication and just general professionalism interaction with me as a user. I have been a Quicken user since Microsoft Money was discontinued years ago.

I am also considering leaving 5/3 as well, since their customer service responses have not been any better than Quickens.
  • cposada
    cposada Member
    Options
    I appreciate everyone's input on this issue but I have had THIS specific issue since November of 2019 (last year). There has still been no FIX to this problem. I haven't opened Quicken in months because of this. I am very close to opening an account with another bank. I have never been able to receive an automatic update from Fifth Third Bank. The other two banks that I have work flawlessly. It would be nice if it were to get fixed.
  • cposada
    cposada Member
    Options
    I would like to say that I don't believe the issue is with the Quicken software. The issue is stemming from Fifth Third Bank for some unknown reason at this time.
  • Allen Craigmyle
    Allen Craigmyle Member ✭✭
    Options
    I still find it odd that i have NO issue downloading my transactions from Fifth Third either with the 2017 software or with the newest Quicken software. I do wonder if any of this has to do with the use of a user name vs debit card number for the 5/3rd site.

Back in the middle of last year 5/3rd required me to change my sign in credentials. Up to that point, i had been using my debit card number as my user ID. They wanted me to create a user name instead so i did that.

After doing that, i also went in and changed that info within the Quicken software. Is it possible that is the problem many of you are experiencing?
  • solbergjns
    solbergjns Member ✭✭
    Options
    i'm previewing another software program now. Fifth Third did download today.
    but not with Quicken
    still no word from Quicken
  • grvdggr864
    grvdggr864 Member ✭✭
    Options
    how do i go about getting a refund for my year of service that quicken has not delivered on as of yet?????
  • Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken released another update on Windows (R26.23) today. Still doesn't work with 5/3 bank.

It auto-updated so I don't know what was in this release.
    And the Quicken Release Notes page (https://www.quicken.com/support/subscription-release-quicken-windows-release-notes) doesn't list this yet
  • REvelyn01
    REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone know how to get a hold of Eric_dunn directly? I
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny how this issue doesn't appear in the "Current Online Banking Issues" category https://community.quicken.com/categories/quickencommunity_current_online_banking_issues
  • solbergjns
    solbergjns Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    [removed - off-topic]
  • grvdggr864
    grvdggr864 Member ✭✭
    Options
    the statement from Sara this morning is.............not correct.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20092503?

i just tried updating accounts and such and STILL can not connect to 53rd bank.

still getting ol-295-a error.
  • solbergjns
    solbergjns Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @grvdggr864 said:
    > the statement from Sara this morning is.............not correct.
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20092503?
    >
    > i just tried updating accounts and such and STILL can not connect to 53rd bank.
    >
    > still getting ol-295-a error.

same here. I'm on the phone with technical support, but no luck yet
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @solbergjns & @grvdggr864

The referenced announcement is a separate issue from the persistent OL-295 error with Fifth Third Bank and only relates to connectivity issues caused by the increase in server traffic from the stimulus payments.

The Alert for Fifth Third Bank is still open, ongoing and available here.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sarah...Thx for the clarity and reminder of the other thread. But not having an update in 3+ weeks is not helpful. Can you provide us ANY detail of what is going on and when to expect a solution?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Brian133

The last update received was that our Service Providers and Fifth Third Bank are continuing to work to resolve this issue and restore connections.

At this time I do not have any ETA on when connections will be restored, but as soon as more information is received the Alert will be updated.

Hope this helps,

Sarah
  • grvdggr864
    grvdggr864 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Sara
    there is an email from quicken with your name attached (Thu, May 14, 2020 11:35 am), is why people are commenting this morning about your update notice.
  • Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not your fault, but no that doesn't help at all. We are all just in limbo...
    But thank you for at least replying.
  • Rssr53
    Rssr53 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Received notice from Sarah that the the download problem has been resolved but I still can't connect to Fifth Third Bank. This has been going on for about two months.
  • nileswaring
    nileswaring Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Allen Craigmyle" said:
    > I still find it odd that i have NO issue downloading my transactions from Fifth Third either with the 2017 software or with the newest Quicken software. I do wonder if any of this has to do with the use of a user name vs debit card number for the 5/3rd site.
    >
    > Back in the middle of last year 5/3rd required me to change my sign in credentials. Up to that point, i had been using my debit card number as my user ID. They wanted me to create a user name instead so i did that.
    >
    > After doing that, i also went in and changed that info within the Quicken software. Is it possible that is the problem many of you are experiencing?

I have been using a username all along with no issues until 3/25. I use 2 computers to download my bank transactions and the download works fine on 1 computer but not the other. I'm heading north next Wednesday and will be using the computer that works the rest of the summer. I hope this is resolved when I get back in September so I can use this computer.
This discussion has been closed.