Fifth Third Bank Returns OL-295 error

SRENGEL
SRENGEL Member ✭✭
@Quicken Sarah

Are there any other options to try? I have tried to reconnect by updating/adding new accounts, and attempting to setup both Direct and Web connections. 5/3 is still kicking this error. I tried yesterday, and now today and nothing has changed.

Any additional advise?

Comments

• SRENGEL
    SRENGEL Member ✭✭
    I read the update in the Alerts, which is why I am attempting today again after 24 hours.
  • jlison2011
    jlison2011 Member ✭✭✭
    I entered all of next months transactions manually in both Quicken and 53rd. but it would be so nice ( and less tedious) to get back to normal transaction downloads. I saw the note from Quicken Sarah but I haven't had any luck at all. Looking forward to resolution very soon.
  • grvdggr864
    grvdggr864 Member ✭✭
    same here, as of this posting "fifth third bank", is STILL throwing the ol-295 error back to Quicken. its been 2 days now since the update, and still no joy.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

If you are receiving the OL-295 error or "Sorry, we encountered an error" with Fifth Third Bank, this is an ongoing issue.

To be notified of any updates or changes, please visit the alert available HERE and bookmark the conversation by clicking the yellow star in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • REvelyn01
    REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    All the banks suddently stop working when the latest release is forced upon us. Concidence that is the same time all the OL-295s started ..

Conincidence - I think not.

Is anyone running .17 and have a working download ?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2020
    Hello @REvelyn01,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

It is possible that this Covid-19 pandemic could be causing this in the sense that many financial institution servers are experiencing a very high traffic volume as a result of many of their customers logging in at the same time mainly to check and see if their stimulus checks have been received and/or deposited which has been causing those financial institution servers to be delayed or interrupted.

However, if you haven't already, I do suggest you try these error-specific step by step troubleshooting instructions found in this support article.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• REvelyn01
    REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your response.

Believe me I have gone as far as disabling my firewall. I had a long talk with support and they just wont listen - so I'll tell you.

In the same day :
    1. I downloaded my transactions fine - no problem.
    2. I had a hardware error and has to reinstall Windows completely and therefore I downloaded the latest version of quicken.

3. Once downloaded and restoring my data file and resetting all my settings in Quicken, I tried to download my transaction again - just to test the download.
    That is when I started having the OL-295 error.-

4. I then started troubleshooting as described in your article - Still OL-295
    5. I them started reading all the comments 100's of others have posted and they all have the same problem after installing the latest upgrade patch.

6. I then found a post by "SARAh" posted on the 23rd, that said –

“UPDATED 4/23/20

We have received a small update and confirmed that connections with Fifth Third Bank should be mostly restored, however work is ongoing and this error is not fully resolved at this time.

If an error is received, we recommend allowing up to 24 hrs and then trying to add/update accounts once again.”

7. I have applied the monpatch ? still not working - Where is this patch that SARAH has ?
  • Quicken Anja
    Ok, thank you for the additional information.

So, I assume you're getting this issue with Fifth Third Bank as well then?
    Also, which mondo patch did you install?
    • Help > About Quicken

I can get in touch with Sarah and find out which patch it is you're referring to.

Thank you,

-
    Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• nileswaring
    nileswaring Member ✭✭
    On 3/25/20 like others my desktop computer (W10) stopped getting updates from 5th 3rd and I started getting the OL-295-A message. But, when I restore my Quicken backup file onto my older W10 (converted from W8) laptop the update works just fine. I'm on Quicken 2020 subscription. This tell me the issue is in my desktop and the various security programs I have on it vs what I have on the laptop. I have tried all the suggestions dealing with my security and firewall and no joy.
  • REvelyn01
    REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the delay.

R26.17
    build 27.1.26.17
  • Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    I'm still having the problem. Is this something Quicken is working on or Fifth Third?
  • grvdggr864
    grvdggr864 Member ✭✭
    hate to say this folks, BUT the fix for 53rd bank is not working. for some or most people.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7873529/updated-4-23-fifth-third-bank-returns-ol-295-error-or-sorry-we-encountered-an-error-message#latest
  • jlison2011
    jlison2011 Member ✭✭✭
    still suffering here with no Fifth Third downloads - there must be a fix for this issue???
  • solbergjns
    solbergjns Member ✭✭
    This OL-295-A issue with Fifth Third Bank has been going on for over 3 weeks now. I occasionally get an email that it "may be fixed" but it has not been fixed.
    Quicken, what are you doing to address this problem?
    should we start looking for alternatives to Quicken?
  • cruiseindy
    cruiseindy Member ✭✭
    I have been now trying to download data from fifth third to quicken since the end of March with no success. I have updated to newest subscription so this would not happen. If I can not download data then I want me subscription fee returned. I am a long long time user and have not had this issue but only one time in the past, when 5/3 changed from fifth third to fifth third new. please help me resolve this issue. I keep getting OL-295-A
  • r1fink
    r1fink Member
    I have the exact same issue. Back in end of March, Quicken tech said it was a 5/3rd issue to contact them. When I contacted 5/3rd web support, they he didn't know what Quicken was talking about and said it was a Quicken problem. My 2nd call I spent over an hour with Quicken tech who worked over every switch in my PC with no results. After Sarah posted her comment on 4/23 that most connectivity has been restored and should work I have tried every day and it still doesn't work. As a matter of fact, I now get a BugSplat Crash Report and Quicken shuts down because I applied their latest update. I'm with you - I have used Quicken for over a decade and this is the 1st time I have had to go to subscription and all I'm getting is less and paying more!
  • cruiseindy
    cruiseindy Member ✭✭
    I just got off of a call with 5/3rd and was given the same answer that I have in the past. It is a quicken problem and they are supposed to be working on it. Well I suggest they pick up the pace. Until it is resolved I believe we should all receive a refund back for there new subscription service that is failing them miserably. This was probably the cause of the whole problem, changing the software so it may pick and choose who has updated and paid to receive downloads.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Per the info in another thread, "it is a quicken problem" in that 5/3 failed to notify Q IN A TIMELY MANNER (as specified in the contract between them) of the changes to 5/3's website.  SO, Q was unable to implement their corresponding changes in time to coordinate.
    It's 5/3's FAULT, that now, the Q changes are at the back of the line awaiting the changes to those FI's who DID notify Q in a timely manner to be completed.
    I.E., 5/3 is BSing you and trying to shift the blame.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• SRENGEL
    SRENGEL Member ✭✭
    @cruiseindy

I agree with you, and also just an FYI. I was commenting on another thread about this issue(per Quicken Support's recommendation), and after people started suggesting looking for other products or asking for an actual timeline from Quicken. The moderators shutdown the thread saying it had become argumentative and distruptive.

I don't think it is too much to ask for the moderators to post something more detailed than the standard "this issue is being worked on". It would be nice if they could at least commit to an update once every few days or week to say here is the current status or here is what we know.

I have tried every day and multiple times an hour since Quicken Sarah said the issue was "mostly resolved". I have yet to have a successful connection with 5/3, with the new subscription version of Quicken. I can however still connect using an old laptop that has Quicken 2017 Deluxe on it.

My assumption is I will continue to be able to use that successfully until it ends on April 30th. Once that happens, I have not decided on my next step but most likely I think I am done with Quicken.
  • REvelyn01
    REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
    Any update ? Did you get in touch with Sarah /
  • REvelyn01
    REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
    Which products out there are good replacements for QuickBooks ? I have an open thread on this issue (along with 400 other users) but nothing ……

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7874699/does-anyone-else-think-the-ol-295-is-a-covid-19-issue#latest

I am really interested in another product at this point.....
  • REvelyn01
    REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
    @SRENGEL - Yes Sarah is a charm - she shuts down all the threads. How can it be mostly resolved and still be a 5/3 problem.

This all started with the latest release of Quicken and it happened to most banks. That just cant be a coincidence
  • SRENGEL
    SRENGEL Member ✭✭
    @REvelyn01 - I agree with you 100%,. I have also been trying to tell them that this started with the latest release of Quicken and it can't be a coincidence, but they don't seem to listen.

I read your other thread too, and this has no relation to COVID that is just an excuse, and I have also done the steps you have(checked settings, disabled firewall, etc), with no luck at resolving it.

At this point, I don't truely care whose fault it is, I don't see the point in paying for a product that half works. I have tried to express that point to both Quicken Support(both on here and over the phone). If Quicken is going to now require a monthly/yearly subscription then the expectation is that the features work at least for the major banks.

I would attempt a connect every day, and send Quicken my log files if they indicated it would help. Quicken Support does not seem to have any ecalation process. I asked for a supervisor on the call one time just to try and explain, and after 45 min of waiting on hold for the rep to find one, I hung up.
  • REvelyn01
    REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    @SRENGEL Been there done that with support. This same type of thing happened with Cursor placement where quicken would loose cursor position on alt-tab. It took them three years to correct it and they kept saying "Its a Windows issue".

I am really interested in a different tool at this point but I just cant find one that does what I need (and I need only the basics).

[removed - no soliciting] 
  • Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The closest one I found is [removed - no soliciting]. I may check it out this weekend. Like you I only need the basics, but it has to reliably download from my banks, every day.
  • REvelyn01
    REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
    @Sarah @Anja I really would like an answer here ! I am unable to reconcile my bank accounts without downloading my transactions. I cant do them manually because it creates duplicate entries that I have enter as part of using Quicken.
  • Quicken Anja
    @REvelyn01 Yes, sorry for the delay, but I did hear back.

What Sarah meant is that we'd received a small update, referring to a communication with the status of the escalation, not that there had been a product patch or release that would fix the error. 

As of right now, it is still a known issue and an open alert that is being worked on currently by our escalation team and Fifth Third Bank.

I hope this clarifies that.

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja

• Allen Craigmyle
    Allen Craigmyle Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Per the info in another thread, "it is a quicken problem" in that 5/3 failed to notify Q IN A TIMELY MANNER (as specified in the contract between them) of the changes to 5/3's website.  SO, Q was unable to implement their corresponding changes in time to coordinate.It's 5/3's FAULT, that now, the Q changes are at the back of the line awaiting the changes to those FI's who DID notify Q in a timely manner to be completed.I.E., 5/3 is BSing you and trying to shift the blame.

I actually thought it had something to do with this when the website changed at 5/3. They even forced us to change our sign ins (I was using my debit card number at the time until they made me create a username). If memory serves this was back in like July or Aug of last year.
  • Brian133
    Brian133 Member ✭✭
    That's the most information we've received to-date. At least it's something
  • REvelyn01
    REvelyn01 Member ✭✭✭
    @Anja I just talked with 53 and got a totally different story. Apparently Quicken released this past update WITHOUT telling 53 and it is not compatible with their system. They are waiting for Quicken to resolve the problem on your end.

WHy cant you guys be forthcoming and just fix your code.
This discussion has been closed.