Options
1235»

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    geo791 said:
    @Quicken Sarah
    My transactions have been successfully downloading for the past few days. I do receive an OL-393-A error each time I initiate the One-Step update though. At least all of my transactions are downloading now. I did as you requested and sent the report with included files. Thank you.
    Hi @geo791

Thank you very much for submitting the requested files, it is appreciated!

For the OL-393 error, do you happen to use the bill payment service provided by Fifth Third Bank?

If not, would you mind going to the Tools menu > Account List and clicking the "edit" button to the right of your 5th 3rd account. 

In the Account Details window that opens, go to the middle "Online Services" tab and in the bottom section for online bill pay, does it show connected with a deactivate button?

If so, please deactivate the online bill pay portion then run the One Step Update (or Update Now) again, does the OL-393 error still occur?

Let me know, thank you!

Sarah
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    My Fifth Third transaction download has worked for a few days now. Keeping my fingers crossed. It screwed up my web sync but I just shut that down since it never worked well. I got tired of trying to fix it.
  • twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Sarah
    Log files sent
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Quicken Sarah
    Great suggestion! I do use Fifth Third bill pay but usually only from their web site. Both my checking account, and savings account, showed connected with a deactivate button. I deactivated the online bill pay, ran the one-step update, and no more error OL-393-A. All four of my accounts downloaded without any errors. I have been receiving that particular OL-393-A error for months, even before the recent OL-295-A error began. If I want to use Fifth Third bill pay from Quicken, would this not need to be setup and active? Thank you so much for responding to my issue.
    Geo

• Steve Heitmeier
    Steve Heitmeier Member ✭✭
    Options
    I didn't get an error message this morning (yay!) - but I didn't have any transactions to download or bills to pay - so it's a cautious yay!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Options
    Hi @geo791

Yay!  I'm glad to hear that that resolved the OL-393 error and appreciate your posting back with the updated results and information :)

You are correct, if you wanted to use the Fifth Third bill pay service from within Quicken, it would need to be setup and activated through the Online Services > Online Bill Payment > Set Up Now button.

If the OL-393 error returned at that point, we'd want to investigate further as the cause would most likely be an issue with the data in a bill payment transaction or an issue connecting to the bill pay service.

However, I suspect that somewhere a few months ago you may have deactivated/reactivated the 5th 3rd accounts while troubleshooting. 

In some situations when a Financial Institution offers both a Direct Connect connection and bill payment services, the online bill payment section in Quicken will automatically be activated during the Add Account/Set Up Now flow because the system detects the service and tries to be helpful by activating the bill pay service for Quicken on your behalf.

When running an update, Quicken will then try to connect with the bill pay service to obtain any new data, but if the bill pay service request isn't recognized, the financial institution server will reject the connection attempt, almost always with that OL-393 error.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have any further questions/concerns on this.

Thanks again!

Sarah

• TomRataski
    TomRataski Member ✭✭
    Options
    I sent you a successful update from fifththird. Everything seems to be working ok for me
  • Quicken Sarah
    Options
    Hello @TomRataski and All,

Thank you very much for submitting the logs of the successful update.  Our Team has been notified that this issue has been resolved so all Users should no longer be receiving an error.

If a OL-393 error is received, please see the steps and information provided above here which should help to resolve the error, but if issues/errors do persist we ask that you create a new post to report the error/experience.

Thank you all for your contributions to this thread and issue, willingness to assist and continued responsiveness to those long-standing issue.  Without you, we'd still be working to resolve this matter.

Sarah
  • geo791
    geo791 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Quicken Sarah
    FYI, Even though I do not usually use 5/3 bill pay from within Quicken, just to see if the error would recur, I clicked on the "Set up now" button to reactivate the bill pay. Then I clicked on One-Step Update and still no OL-393-A error! I've never noticed that button before. Yes, I had deactivated all four 5/3 accounts, and reactivated them in attempting to resolve the OL-295-A error. I had done this a couple of times trying to resolve that problem, which is did not.
    Now I know what to do if that OL-393-A error recurs. Connection and downloads from 5/3 are now working better than they have in months! There was another party here in this thread that was experiencing the OL-393-A error. Hopefully, they will see your solution to correct it. Thanks again for your help in resolving my problem.
    Geo :)  <3
  • solbergjns
    solbergjns Member ✭✭
    Options
    @ Quicken Sarah

still getting the OL-332-A error. Please do not think our issues are over.
This discussion has been closed.