My Credit Union Accounts won't sync to Cloud/Mobile

My Credit Union accounts won't sync to mobile/cloud. The check boxes for the accounts are grayed out. When selected and the update runs, I get the following error message. "Please contact your financial institution. The CLIENTUID sent by the client was incorrect."

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @SussexMedic,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

To better assist you, are you using the desktop program on Windows or Mac? Also, which Quicken version release are you running on the desktop program?
    • Windows: Help > About Quicken
    • Mac: Quicken > About Quicken
    Thank you,

-Quicken Anja

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SussexMedic
    SussexMedic Member
    I'm using Quicken for Windows Subscription 2020 version: R26.23 build:27.1.26.23
  • Gary LaPalombara
    Gary LaPalombara Member ✭✭
    Did this issue ever get resolved? I have the same problem when I try and sync my Intouch credit union accounts with the quicken cloud using the windows 10 desktop version.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited June 2020
    Hello @Gary LaPalombara,

Thank you for reaching out and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The first thing I suggest you try is to reset your cloud data by following the steps below.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data (see below)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Also, I do want to let you know that if you don't use the mobile and/or web app, you can simply turn sync OFF instead as the sole purpose of syncing to the cloud is to be able to access your data from the apps.

Let us know how it goes and/or if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja

• Gary LaPalombara
    Gary LaPalombara Member ✭✭
    I reset the cloud data as suggested but again I can not sync by Intouch Credit Union checking and savings accounts. Same error "The CLIENTUID sent by the client was incorrect." The Win 10 Desktop version has no issues connecting and downloading transactions from the credit union only when I try and sync to cloud to use the Quicken Mobile app. The Win 10 Quicken version is up to date will all updates applied. Any other suggestions?
  • Quicken Anja
    @Gary LaPalombara Thank you for the update.

You can try manually resetting your cloud data by deleting your cloud account from a test file and then resyncing your main data file which will create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within the data file).

To do this, first, save a backup (just in case). Sign out of the mobile and/or web apps. Then, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Creating a new file). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#)
    5. Select the cloud account used for you main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete
    After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to How to alternate between multiple files). Once the main file opens, follow the instructions found in the support article to resync your data. If successful, sign back in to your mobile/web app(s). You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as it's cloud account.

If that fails or you prefer to have assistance, then I do recommend contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone in case you may need more extensive troubleshooting. They also have the ability to screen share with you if you're comfortable doing so.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.