Can I get a pie chart or bar graph alongside a custom summary report? (Q Mac) (7 Merged Votes)

13»

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023

@deholz No, there is no magic number.  Once an Idea thread has amasses some significant number of votes (there's no hard and fast number), the moderators of this site are able to submit the feature request to the development team. That's when an Idea's status changes to "Under Consideration" — the status of this Idea thread. At that point, the developers can reject it and say "Not Planned", accept it and say "Planned", or keep it on the table as "Under Consideration."

The complicating factor is that they don't mark things as "Planned" just because they agree it's a worthwhile idea to implement. They must have someone dig into the issue to sec out what it would take to complete, in terms of time and members of the team with different areas of expertise. And then, the manager must assign it to a specific time slot on their calendar of future development work. Only ten is it marked as "Planned." So when we see "Under Consideration", it can mean anything from "submitted from the community site moderators to the developers but not yet actively researched" to "developers agree, but haven't yet found time for it on the future schedule" to "developers agree, but have determined this work should be done as part of other planned work in related areas of the program, and a timeframe for those projects is not yet assigned." And, sometimes, the developers don't notify the community team moderators, so an idea they're already working on may still show here as "Under Consideration." (We've seen some ideas still marked "Under Consideration" arrive in an update release.) And the kicker is that other than changing an Idea status from "Under Consideration" to "Planned", there is typically (99.9% of the time) no other communication from the developers about what they're planning, what they're working on, how long something is expected to take, or when they aim to deliver it. It's highly unsatisfying to us users, but it covers them in case a project turns out to be more difficult than originally assessed.

Keep in mid that there are more than 500 Ideas users have requested from the developers, and they typically release 2-4 new or enhanced features in each new release every 6-8 weeks. What's a high or top priority for one Quicken user is of no real interest to another, and visa versa, so no matter what enhancements come out in a given release, some Quicken users are likely to be happy and some are likely to be disappointed.

My reply here gets us no closer to the graphic feature, but hopefully it helps explain a little about the developers' process, to the limited extent we're allowed any insight into it.  😀

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • klmeagher
    klmeagher Member ✭✭
    I would also like this to be implemented .
  • arjunvk88
    arjunvk88 Member

I was surprised this is not already included. I might not have bought the subscription if I would have known. Thanks.