deleting 2/3 Schwab accounts

Hello,

I was imported one Schwab account into my quicken and I inadvertently also imported information from two other accounts. Any ideas about how to get rid of those accounts in quicken with out the information for those two accounts being continuously updated?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand.  If you delete those 2 accounts HOW would they get updated in any form or fashion?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you have 3 different Schwab accounts set up in Quicken and you want only one of them to be updating with Quicken?
    You have a couple of options.
    1)  If you want to simply stop the two accounts from updating but want to keep those accounts in Quicken:  For each of those two accounts -- Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.
    2)  If you want to delete those two accounts from Quicken entirely:  For each of those two accounts -- Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > any tab > Delete Account (lower left corner) > Yes > OK.
    After you do either of these things, only the 1 Schwab account you want to update will be updated in the future.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• KEITH34
    KEITH34 Member
    Thanks! As best as I can tell deleting the accounts worked. Sorry for the dumb question and thanks for the help!

Keith
This discussion has been closed.