Why do I have to enter my password when I open my Quicken? (edited)

13»

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

You may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7880079/new-8-28-20-quicken-id-sign-in-prompt#latest

If you're using the R28.23 staged release and do not want to wait until Quicken addresses the issue, I suggest you revert from the staged release to the latest release by performing a clean uninstall, install while disconnected from the internet, apply the R28.18 Mondo Patch, and restore a data file saved prior to updating to the R28.23 release.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken.  To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the appropriate R28.18 Mondo Patch from: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

To prevent Quicken from applying an update without your approval, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately (choose default or always notify).
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I open Quicken Deluxe version 27.1.28.18.
    I also have to enter password.
    Sometimes I have to kill the program before I am able to get in.
    No data file password.
    I just did the sign out and log back via the Preferences.
    Lets see what happens.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭✭
    I tried that with the r28.23 version and it didn’t work. That was one of the first suggestions.
  • David37211
    David37211 Member ✭✭✭
    Over the past couple of weeks, every time I open Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property, I am asked to enter my Quicken ID and Password. Today, I had already entered it, during the same "session" while Quicken was open, I clicked on Add Account and again I had to enter my Quicken ID & Password. This should not be a repetitive request.
  • Lawsdt71
    Lawsdt71 Member
    I was just on chat with Support. What the support agent did appears to have solved the problem on my computer. Here are the steps in case you want to try it:
    1. Press the Windows Key and R together
    2. Enter %AppData% and press enter
    3. Close Quicken if it is open
    4. Delete the config and data folders
    5. Re-open Quicken
    6. Log in and open your Data file
    It worked for me today. I shut down and re-started and it opened Quicken without asking for my login. Keeping my fingers crossed that this did the trick.
  • Kenneth Goodwin
    Kenneth Goodwin Member ✭✭✭
    As probably stated in this and other related threads, removing the Data File password requirement circumvents the Quicken ID Password problem. Four months ago, removing the Data File password eliminated the Welcome to Quicken screen from unnecessarily popping up each time when starting Quicken. I've tried two suggested work arounds, neither of which worked for me. The root of the problem started many months back when the Welcome to Quicken screen started appearing each time Quicken was started although no response was necessary. I am hoping that the forthcoming fix for R28.23 solves both the Welcome to Quicken and the Quicken ID Password issues.
  • Quicken SW Engineering team has debugged R28.23's issue w/password protected data file users getting added Sign-in/Password screens and dialog prompts. It's .24 and should be forthcoming soon. From personal test experience, it worked for me!
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Problem resolved for me with version R28.24 .

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

• Brian Biggs
    Brian Biggs Member ✭✭✭✭
    Two things, FWIW.

I have had the issue described in this thread, as I posted earlier. I do not have a password on my Quicken data file. I DO have One Step Update set to run on Quicken startup, and that always prompts me for my vault password.

I installed R28.24 this morning (Monday) when prompted. This appears to have resolved the issue. No prompt to enter my Quicken ID and password. One Step Update prompted me for the vault password, as usual. Everything worked normally.

Quicken Deluxe, Version R49.29, Build 27.1.49.29
    Windows 10 Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2965)

This discussion has been closed.