Is there DETAILED documentation for ALL of the Quicken Bill Manager capabilities?

I have found that I have a lot of questions about how the various capabilities work and why certain features don't do what I expect. All I find online is mostly how to setup and pay bills and nothing more. I searched for more detailed users guides or manuals (I even asked Chat support) but I don't find anything. I am beginning to think it will take a lengthy phone support session. But before I do that, does anyone reading this know of any detailed guides either by Quicken or a third party that might help?

Thanks, Bob

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2020
    Hello @Bob,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your question.

Below are some helpful links to resources on how to use the service as well as troubleshooting information if needed.
    1. Quick Pay and Check Pay Frequently Asked Questions
    2. Quicken Bill Manager: How to Make Payments Using Quick Pay and Check Pay
    3. Quicken Bill Manager: How many payments can I make each month?
    4. Using the "Copy from Bill Pay Option" (if applicable)
    5. Quick Pay/Check Pay Errors & Troubleshooting
    6. Quicken Bill Manager: Getting Started (video)
    7. Quicken Bill Manager: Quick Pay Payment (video)
    8. Quicken Bill Manager: Check Pay Payment (video)

I hope this information serves to be useful to you and let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bob
    Bob Member ✭✭
    I guess there is no all-inclusive guide. So let me see if I can ask my burning questions:

1. On an Auto Enter, when I click on Edit, the reminder shows that it should be entered into the register 30 days ahead of the deposit or payment. It isn't happening. Why?

2. Is there a way to get Quick Pays entered AUTOMATICALLY into the register before the payment date?

3. I have what should be a regular monthly payment that shows as an auto enter. I get a paper bill but it is always the same. It is not one of your payees. How do I get QBM to pay the bill regularly?

That's a start.
    Bob
  • Bob
    Bob Member ✭✭
    One more VERY important question. If I don't run Q for a few weeks and therefore don't sync, do all of my Quick and Check pays get paid?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2020
    Thank you for your response.
    1. For this first issue, I do recommend reaching out to Quicken Support for further assistance as this can have multiple causes and may require more extensive troubleshooting in order to have it successfully resolved.
    2. Unfortunately, Quick Pay and Check Pay transactions currently have to be prompted and cannot be entered automatically into your register prior to when the payment is made. Alternatively, you are able to enter the payment using a future date directly from within your register by using the Check # field. 
    3. As of right now, though Quick Pay and Check Pay payments have the ability to be scheduled using future dates for each individual payment-- unfortunately, they do not have the ability to schedule reoccurring payments. However, we do have an active idea post regarding this topic. Feel free to add your vote and provide any additional feedback you would like to add as well. Our development team reviews these idea posts frequently to implement new features requested by our users.
    As for your last question-- If the payments were entered using a future date, then yes, they should still be paid successfully.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Bob
    Bob Member ✭✭
    Forgetting about register entry for a minute, I'm not sure what you mean by 'if the payments were entered using a future date'. For a quick pay, lets say the bill was received by QBM on the first of the month and shows to be paid say the 25th on the Bills and Payments. Lets say I update Bills on the 2nd but don't use Q again until the 30th. Will that bill get paid on time?

I must say how disappointed I am in this product. I tried it in April and was so frustrated by it I rolled back. I am trying it now only because you are taking away QBP. I just don't understand why you have introduced a product that has less functionality and is buggier than the product you replaced. Most of what I have seen appears, based on Community Posts, to have been discussed back in April and even though you had an extra 3 months to get it right, QBM still represents a significant downgrade for the user vs QBP.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might look at what your own bank has for any online bill paying features.
    I happen to use CHASE - and their online bill payment feature works directly with Quicken to upload my bills, payees, future scheduled payments, etc.
    What bank are you using for bill payments ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.