Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Cant find where my "register" is

I am sure this will be easy once I get going, but initial learning curve a little challenging here.
I am just getting started. I have downloaded transactions from my bank into Quicken and started accepting them. Now I need to assign categories to the items I've accepted. But I can't find where my "accepted" transactions are, to do that. I'm sure it's in some obvious place, but not obvious to me :- (

Best Answer

Answers

• pdxmaven
    pdxmaven Member ✭✭
    Never mind. Found them.
  • pdxmaven
    pdxmaven Member ✭✭
    thanks for the above information.
    Two questions: when I am looking at the register, I can only see one or two lines at a time. Is there a way to see more?
    Also, I would like 2 lines too, in my register. I clicked on gear wheel but still can't see how I change it to two lines
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

To change to 2 line display,  go to the register you want to change and select "Account Actions".  Then enable Two-line display.   Or there is a  shortcut (Ctrl + 2) which toggles the setting. This only works for non-investment accounts.  

• pdxmaven
    pdxmaven Member ✭✭
    I initially thought by "2 line display", you meant that the memo line had two lines. But that's not what you mean, right? You mean that I can choose to see two transactions at a time, or one transaction at a time?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    No, it means that any single transaction is displayed in 1 line or 2 lines.  Try it yourself.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    2 line display refers to each transaction. You can have the register listed with 1 transaction per line or each transaction on 2 lines so it displays more info. Which puts the memo on the second line. So your initial thought was sort of right.
This discussion has been closed.