Cant find where my "register" is

Options
I am sure this will be easy once I get going, but initial learning curve a little challenging here.
I am just getting started. I have downloaded transactions from my bank into Quicken and started accepting them. Now I need to assign categories to the items I've accepted. But I can't find where my "accepted" transactions are, to do that. I'm sure it's in some obvious place, but not obvious to me :- (

Best Answer

Answers

• pdxmaven
    pdxmaven Member ✭✭
    Options
    Never mind. Found them.
  • pdxmaven
    pdxmaven Member ✭✭
    Options
    thanks for the above information.
    Two questions: when I am looking at the register, I can only see one or two lines at a time. Is there a way to see more?
    Also, I would like 2 lines too, in my register. I clicked on gear wheel but still can't see how I change it to two lines
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To change to 2 line display,  go to the register you want to change and select "Account Actions".  Then enable Two-line display.   Or there is a  shortcut (Ctrl + 2) which toggles the setting. This only works for non-investment accounts.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• pdxmaven
    pdxmaven Member ✭✭
    Options
    I initially thought by "2 line display", you meant that the memo line had two lines. But that's not what you mean, right? You mean that I can choose to see two transactions at a time, or one transaction at a time?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, it means that any single transaction is displayed in 1 line or 2 lines.  Try it yourself.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2 line display refers to each transaction. You can have the register listed with 1 transaction per line or each transaction on 2 lines so it displays more info. Which puts the memo on the second line. So your initial thought was sort of right.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.