OneStep Update, what is this new Chase account to "Bring my payment info up to date"?

I updated today and have a new/2nd Chase account on the screen to "Bring my payment information up to date". It wants a password which is puzzling, still doesn't work and doesn't tell you why. Anyone else?

Best Answer

• Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Charles on phone support had me deactivate download on the three Chase accounts, and then through "add an account" reconnect Chase to those same accounts, and problem solved. The bogus Chase account is gone.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2020
    Hello @Larry4,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version release of Quicken you are running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Also, is the error message you're receiving associated with an error code by chance? Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the error, please?

If you are unable to add a screenshot as an attachment, 
    you can also drag and drop the image to your response instead. 
    This will create a link for us to click on and allow us to view 
    the screenshot within our web browser.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hi Anja, After the latest update a second Chase entry showed up on my One Step Update, it requires a password (nothing updates until I fill it in), and it has a box to “Bring my payment information up to date” which is also new.

It says an error has occurred regardless of the password, however the normal error dialog doesn’t come up after update.

I am concerned, but as far as I can tell my 3 Chase accounts are actually updating using only the first/original Chase entry. I’ve manually verified what’s downloaded to the bank’s website.

the version is R28.24 build 27.1.28.24

(unrelated, but the drag & drop to this screen is not working for .png files for me, I had to save and attach manually)
    1.png 6.2K
    2.png 10.6K
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Larry4

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details. I did a little digging and it would appear that this message is in reference to Quicken Bill Pay, which has recently been discontinued.

Please take a moment to try the steps shown below:

1. Choose Tools menu > Online Center.
    2. If necessary, choose the applicable financial institution and account.
    3. On the Payments tab, click Update/Send.
    4. Select the Bring my payment information up to date checkbox.
    5. Enter your password.
    6. Click Update Now.
    Are you able to complete this step or do you encounter any errors?

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Tyka, Same error.
    Within Chase I have 3 accounts (savings, checking, credit card). I performed these 6 steps for each account and password, each time it brings up a One Step Update dialog that lists two Chase entries, the normal one and the new one one of which wants a password and has the checkbox. That second Chase entry fails with just the word "error" in red in all cases.

To say that differently I performed these 6 steps X 3 accounts X 2 possible passwords and that second Chase entry showed "error" every time. I did check the "last download" date on these accounts while doing this 36 times, and shows they were actually updating despite the "error" Chase entry.

Don't know if it matters but in the past I have used Bill Pay thru Chase for probably 6-8 years, and then for about a year used Bill Pay directly, and moved to Bill Manager when it was released this Spring 2020 and didn't use Bill Pay again.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Larry4

Thank you for giving those steps a try and letting me know the results, although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist. 

I would next recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let me know what you find.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    I have rebuilt it, and super rebuild, no errers on the rebuild but the Chase Update error remains.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Larry4

Thank you for the response, at this point I would next recommend restoring a backup from prior to this issue occurring.

For steps and information on restoring a backup, please see this support article.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    Tyka, that's not possible, I cannot simply roll back two weeks of updates and decisions. The issue arose with the latest Quicken update 28.23 and was not corrected with 28.24. I will get on the phone with Support.
  • Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Charles on phone support had me deactivate download on the three Chase accounts, and then through "add an account" reconnect Chase to those same accounts, and problem solved. The bogus Chase account is gone.
This discussion has been closed.