Delays on Mutual Fund Quote Updates

I just want Quicken to understand that this problem has continually been framed as delayed quote updates to mutual funds. I have not had a quote update for mutual funds OR individual stocks for weeks. The last updated date at the bottom of the portfolio display says 8/3/2020. Not a delay, suggesting a day or so and then works, just total failure for over a month.

Answers

  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's strange. Can't you click the Update button in the portfolio view and get updated quotes?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you get any sort of error message?

    Do other online operations - transaction downloads for example -
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

    Confirm you have appropriate ticker symbols and the securities are checked for download: press Ctrl + Y

    Attempt to download the quotes: press Ctrl + U and select Update

    If the issue persists, I suggest you reset the Quicken ID associated with your Quicken file:
    1. Select Edit > Preferences...
    2. Select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    3. Select Sign in as a different user
    4. Enter yes
    5. Select Sign Out
    6. Sign in with your Quicken ID
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

    And, if the issue still persist, I suggest trying the Copy and Validate as described in: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows  You may need to use the Correct investing price history option in the Validate.
  • Crossle86
    Crossle86 Member ✭✭
    > @Rocket J Squirrel said:
    > That's strange. Can't you click the Update button in the portfolio view and get updated quotes?

    No.
  • Crossle86
    Crossle86 Member ✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > Do you get any sort of error message?
    >
    > Do other online operations - transaction downloads for example -

    Yes, all other functions appear normal. No error, the quote download runs but finishes very quickly, no errors. Some stocks/funds show last upate 7-31, some show 8-19 and the date of last update at bottom of portfolio shows 8-3.
  • Crossle86
    Crossle86 Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

    2019 R18.16
    Yes I know its old but updating quicken is always scary so I delay it as long as things are working.

    >
    > Confirm you have appropriate ticker symbols and the securities are checked for download: press Ctrl + Y

    Did that, all securities selected.

    >
    > Attempt to download the quotes: press Ctrl + U and select Update

    Ctrl+U does nothing.

    >
    > If the issue persists, I suggest you reset the Quicken ID associated with your Quicken file:* Select Edit > Preferences...
    > * Select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    > * Select Sign in as a different user
    > * Enter yes
    > * Select Sign Out
    > * Sign in with your Quicken ID

    Did that, no change, problem persists.

    >
    > If the issue still persists, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

    After trying the validate below (which did not help), I am updating to current version. According to the article named above, the qclean function is built into the subscription form of Quicken which I am pretty sure I have.

    >
    > And, if the issue still persist, I suggest trying the Copy and Validate as described in: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows  You may need to use the Correct investing price history option in the Validate.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crossle86 said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

    2019 R18.16
    Yes I know its old but updating quicken is always scary so I delay it as long as things are working.

    >
    > Confirm you have appropriate ticker symbols and the securities are checked for download: press Ctrl + Y

    Did that, all securities selected.

    >
    > Attempt to download the quotes: press Ctrl + U and select Update

    Ctrl+U does nothing.

    >
    > If the issue persists, I suggest you reset the Quicken ID associated with your Quicken file:* Select Edit > Preferences...
    > * Select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    > * Select Sign in as a different user
    > * Enter yes
    > * Select Sign Out
    > * Sign in with your Quicken ID

    Did that, no change, problem persists.

    >
    > If the issue still persists, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

    After trying the validate below (which did not help), I am updating to current version. According to the article named above, the qclean function is built into the subscription form of Quicken which I am pretty sure I have.

    >
    > And, if the issue still persist, I suggest trying the Copy and Validate as described in: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows  You may need to use the Correct investing price history option in the Validate.
    I suspect the issue you're experiencing is related to your decision to remain on the R18.16 release from April 2019.  I suggest you update to the R28.24 release and determine if the issue persists.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also do you you have a current Quicken subscription? You will no longer be able to download quotes if your subscription has expired.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Also do you you have a current Quicken subscription? You will no longer be able to download quotes if your subscription has expired.

    You can find out your subscription status by doing HELP, About Quicken.
    I also suspect that his is a subscription expired issue.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    NotACPA said:
    Also do you you have a current Quicken subscription? You will no longer be able to download quotes if your subscription has expired.

    You can find out your subscription status by doing HELP, About Quicken.
    I also suspect that his is a subscription expired issue.
    Wouldn't there be a large banner on the application window indicating the subscription had expired?
  • Crossle86
    Crossle86 Member ✭✭
    Good news, I guess. Update to latest version appears to have solved the problem. Will wait for a few more successful updates to declare victory but looks good. I can only suspect some problem between my "old" version and the Quicken backend, but as always with Q, who knows...btw, subscription valid, no problems there.

    Here is an interesting thing that did happen. After the update I was downloading transactions for investment accounts. I have an account A containing stock S. I have a second account B. When I downloaded transactions for B, a buy trx for new fund F came through and posted correctly to B. However I soon discovered that stock S's ticker symbol had been changed to that of fund F. Stock S retained correct shares, values and transaction history all in the different account, it was just tickered as fund F. Note the two tickers are quite different. I had to manually correct that problem and got things back to where they should be but needless to say I will be watching all transaction downloads very carefully.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crossle86 said:
    Good news, I guess. Update to latest version appears to have solved the problem. Will wait for a few more successful updates to declare victory but looks good. I can only suspect some problem between my "old" version and the Quicken backend, but as always with Q, who knows...btw, subscription valid, no problems there.

    Here is an interesting thing that did happen. After the update I was downloading transactions for investment accounts. I have an account A containing stock S. I have a second account B. When I downloaded transactions for B, a buy trx for new fund F came through and posted correctly to B. However I soon discovered that stock S's ticker symbol had been changed to that of fund F. Stock S retained correct shares, values and transaction history all in the different account, it was just tickered as fund F. Note the two tickers are quite different. I had to manually correct that problem and got things back to where they should be but needless to say I will be watching all transaction downloads very carefully.
    Are you sure you didn't inadvertently set the ticker symbol?  The ticker symbol for a security is not set by a download.  
  • Crossle86
    Crossle86 Member ✭✭
    I am pretty sure I would have remembered changing the ticker. I don't even know how to change the ticker. When a new security purchase is downloaded, where does Q get the ticker from, if it is not in the download of the purchase transaction?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Crossle86 said:
    I am pretty sure I would have remembered changing the ticker. I don't even know how to change the ticker. When a new security purchase is downloaded, where does Q get the ticker from, if it is not in the download of the purchase transaction?
    If you don't know how to change the ticker symbol, how did you manually correct the problem?

    To edit the ticker symbol, press Ctrl + Y, right-click on the security, select Edit, edit the Symbol: field, and select Done and Done.

    When a new security holding is downloaded, Quicken prompts us to either match the security to an existing unmatched security or create a new security in Quicken.  

    When we create the new security in Quicken, we may have Quicken lookup security symbol, explicitly provide the symbol, or leave it blank.  We may edit the security's ticker symbol at anytime.   The ticker symbol is not downloaded from the financial institution.  The financial institution uses the CUSIP ID to identify the security.  The ticker symbol is used to match quotes and information from the third-party quote provider. 
  • Crossle86
    Crossle86 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for that information. I need to bone up on Quicken shortcuts.