How to reactivate

Options
I have been using Quicken for well on 40yrs. Was using Quicken Deluxe 2017 up until I recently had to do a restore on my desktop PC, and all my programs were deleted including my Quicken. Now I can't reinstall it as the registration/account sign won't accept my account number, or the temporary code sent never arrive. I reside in Australia and I know that support is not possible, that is ok. All I want to do is get back to my Quicken as before the rebuilt. Is there any possible way I can get that to happen. I am 82 years old so be kind. I can handle this Quicken with ease and any change to another program will cause me problems.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    After you install Quicken 2017, you should manually update the program to the most recent Quicken 2017 release before you open program.  I suggest you download and apply the appropriate Quicken 2017 Mondo patch from: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html
  • Hazberyaz
    Hazberyaz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock. Updated with 2017 Mondo patch. Opened program and when requested to sign in, a verification code was to be sent to my email address but it never arrives. So I am stuck again.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Hello @Hazberyaz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, I recommend checking your spam or junk folder in your email to see if the verification code may have been sent to either of those folders, please. 

Please, check back and let us know, thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hazberyaz
    Hazberyaz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes I do check my junk file, not there. I don't think I have any chance of reactivating. What i'm angry about is that if I didn't have to do a rebuild on my PC I would be still using Quicken. It is not to run a business, just personal accounts keeping track of the finances. Thanks for your help.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hazberyaz said:
    Yes I do check my junk file, not there. I don't think I have any chance of reactivating. What i'm angry about is that if I didn't have to do a rebuild on my PC I would be still using Quicken. It is not to run a business, just personal accounts keeping track of the finances. Thanks for your help.
    If you are able to sign in to your quicken.com account using a web browser, I suggest setting a different method of receiving security codes.
  • Hazberyaz
    Hazberyaz Member ✭✭
    Options
    I think I will wave the white flag. i"ve tried most of the suggestions and when I have to mention Australia everything shuts down. I will just have to live without Quicken. I can get Reckon here in Aus but they want $180 per year, so that out.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hazberyaz said:
    Sherlock. Updated with 2017 Mondo patch. Opened program and when requested to sign in, a verification code was to be sent to my email address but it never arrives. So I am stuck again.
    Hi @"Hazberyaz ,

Now I do not know what Email Addresses you have, but if you don't have a Gmail / Google Email Address, sign up for one.

Once you establish a Gmail Address, change your Quicken User ID to a Gmail Address, then Verify the address after changing it. Once verified, reinstall Quicken 2017 and use the Mondo Patch.

Change the way to receive Security Codes to using your Email Address.

Questions?

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Hazberyaz
    Hazberyaz Member ✭✭
    Options
    That worked thank you. Up and running after I dodged a few questions. I'll see how long it lasts. I'll play with it in the next few days and if you don't hear from me its all OK. Thanks again
  • Hazberyaz
    Hazberyaz Member ✭✭
    Options
    Have set up all my accounts, transactions and all my personal settings working fine. All is good. Again a big THANK YOU all.
This discussion has been closed.