One Step Update Summary only showing Express Web Connect accounts

Options
2»

Answers

• mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Oliver104, I have always kept the “Show just the last update” box unchecked. From your description it seems Quicken is not properly displaying the outcome for when the box is checked.

As I posted earlier, I was using QCS and it stopped working properly after several days. I think my problem may have been caused when I tried to fix a 503 error I received for Alliant Credit Union. Even after reloading Quicken, I could not get everything to work properly as far as all the correct download information.

I posted https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7885070/what-is-the-correct-quicken-connection-channel-qcs-or-fds#latest

Based on the reply to my post by @Chris_QPW, I changed from QCS to FDS and then uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken. Quicken has now been working properly for a few days.

At this point, I have concluded that in the transition from FDS to QCS that there may be things that Quicken needs to fix and there are certain financial institutions that may need to make changes on their side for Quicken to work properly. Hopefully with time this all gets corrected.
  • newman4282
    newman4282 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also am having this issue. I've found that initially OSU shows all my accounts and when I click 'update now' it does the direct connect first and if I watch the screen I can see if they show a green 'complete' , then the 'gears' show for the express web connect followed by the OSU summary showing only the EWC results. if any of the direct connect accounts do not show the green 'complete' but do show the red 'error' I then have to view the 'quicken log files' under help and view the connlog.txt to find what the issue is.
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I reinstalled Quicken and that didn't fix the problem.
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @newman4282 and @jrbuch,

If you have not checked your Quicken connection channel, you might want to do so. If it is QCS, then you might consider changing from QCS to FDS.

My December 29th post above says “Based on the reply to my post by @Chris_QPW, I changed from QCS to FDS and then uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken. Quicken has now been working properly for a few days.” And as of today, it continues to work properly using FDS.
  • rgumpertz
    rgumpertz Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I'm also having problems: my OSU Summary is coming up showing no Financial Institutions and just the "Services updated" portion.  I've reported this numerous times and have also spent hours on the phone (or chatting) with Customer Support.  All have claimed no previous knowledge of this issue!

Super Validate and complete reinstall have NOT helped at all!

Can we at least get it listed and updated in the "Known Issues" section of the Community?
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Here is some more weirdness. I just uninstalled and reinstalled and now all my Direct Connect accounts show up nicely but it quit showing my EWC accounts in one step update. I don't get it.
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @jrbuch,
    I also experienced much weirdness when I was using the QCS channel. Have you checked if you are using QCS or FDS?
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you check that?
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I figured it out using F4. I'm using QCS. Do you recommend switching that?
  • mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    As I posted earlier -

My December 29th post above says “Based on the reply to my post by @Chris_QPW, I changed from QCS to FDS and then uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken. Quicken has now been working properly for a few days.” And as of today, it continues to work properly using FDS.

Hope you are enjoying the super bowl.
  • jrbuch
    jrbuch Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Strangely, I didn't change a thing and did another one step update and all of a sudden they all showed up and seemed to work perfectly. The only thing concerning is this line in the connection log from PNC "We’re sorry, but the application could not find an item on the server that it needs." I don't know if that is actually an issue or not. I also decided not to sync to the cloud because I'm not sure that I can trust that to not cause data corruption.
  • DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has there been any real resolution to this issue? I am having the same issue in which the OSU Summary is blank - even though it looks like all of the accounts actually updated.

I was able to resolve this issue for a few days by uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken on the PC, but now the issue is back.

I created a test file and it reflected OSU correctly - but I only added a couple of accounts.

Strangely enough, I copied the initial data file to another PC and ran the OSU update using the same version of Quicken It returned the results properly in the OSU Summary screen.
  • DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An Update... After more searching I was able to resolve my issue by renaming the runtime.dat file as outlined in this thread...

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888587/one-step-update-summary-is-incomplete
  • Gary Novak
    Gary Novak Member ✭✭
    Options
    This is an issue I also have had for quite some time.I spent over an hour on the phone one day with quicken support and got nowhere. Strange thing-I have quicken on both my desktop and my wife's laptop-I use the same file on each but the problem is only on my desktop which of course is what I primarily use. Since her lapotop was working i tried backing up that file and then restoring from backup on my desktop. issue was not fixed. reinstalling did not work either. Today I did find the runtime.dat file mentioned above.It was under
    C/programdata/quicken/inet/filename. I renamed it from runtime.dat to runtime-new.dat and then closed and reopened quicken. The next one-time update summary showed all of my accounts for the first time in many weeks. Hopefully will continue
  • paulwasserman
    paulwasserman Member ✭✭
    Options
    Have had this problem for a while and just found this - luckily it still works in 2022. Note that in the ...\inet folder above, you may need to search subfolders for runtime.dat - I had 4 and just renamed them all.
This discussion has been closed.