Wells Fargo mortgage uses a different URL for downloads than Wells Fargo Bank accounts use

Wells Fargo mortgage accounts require wellsfargo.com but bank accounts require wellsfargononqfx.scr. The problem is that both bank AND mortgage accounts are listed whenever I select either wellsfargononqfx.scr or wellsfargo.com. So depending on which one I select as my means to download, the other set of accounts stops working. In other words, if I select wellsfargononqfx.scr the mortgage account stops working (downloading) and if I select wellsfargo.com the bank accounts stop working (downloading). An endless loop...

Should I be using a specific URL for each type of account? I tried using Wells Fargo - Business but now Intra-Bank Funds Transfer is "Not Available".

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wells Fargo Mortgage is NOT owned by Wells Fargo Bank.  They're both owned by Wells Fargo & Co.   So, it's not at all surprising to me that they use different URLS.
    I'll add that US Bank and US Bank Mortgage have different URL's also.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jimbean2
    jimbean2 Member ✭✭✭
    So which URL (other than wellsfargononqfx.scr or wellsfargo.com) should be used to prevent this conflict?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    WF&Co doesn't have transactions, only the subsidiary companies do ...so there's no download into Q from WF&Co.
    Thus, your question makes no sense.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think this question needs to be answered by a Quicken Mac user.

In Quicken Windows the user never enters the URL.  The user enters the financial institution name.  The URL comes from a data file supplied by Intuit, and if it is wrong then Quicken Inc/Intuit have to fix it (as in it has to go through Quicken support).
    But of course the user has to use the correct financial institution name because even if one looks similar or like what they think of as the financial institution, it has to be the "right one" to get the right URL from that data.

I have no idea if Quicken Mac allows the user to put in the URL, that would have to be answered by a Quicken Mac "expert", and NotCPA and I are Quicken Windows users.

I suspect that it works the same in Quicken Mac as it does in Quicken Windows, but I don't know for sure.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.