Can't connect to Consumer Cellular - invalid login or password (but they are valid through web)

I have double checked again this morning and the "Invalid login id or password" when trying to connect my Consumer Cellular account to Quicken for Windows 2020 R.29.22 is wrong. The login id and password work just fine from a web interface, but not through Quicken
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @JimC52,

Thank you for taking the time to visit our Community and tell us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Aside from the error message you received, was there also an error code associated with the error message that you could provide us with?

Please, check back and let us know!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• JimC52
    JimC52 Member ✭✭
    Under Bills and Income tab, the Consumer Cellular biller is flagged with a "Sign In Problem. Fix It.". When I select the Fix It link, the Edit Biller window opens asking me for my number/password/date_of_birth. I enter exactly the same being used on the CC web interface and eventually see "Authentication Failed" and the Edit Biller window becomes active again. No error number is displayed, the only new message in the Edit Biller window is "Invalid username or password. Please try again"
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JimC52

Thank you for the response and the additional details, although I apologize that this trouble continues to persist.

I wanted to confirm the date of birth is being entered in the correct format. The format required is: 

(MM/DD/YYYY)

If you are using the correct format and still receiving this error I am able to report this bill to our service providers.

Please let me know!
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • JimC52
    JimC52 Member ✭✭
    Yes, the actual format does not include the slashes however.

This problem may have been resolved "by magic" since I am now able to connect without making any changes.

I'm secretly wondering if the problem was the way CC handles non-web-based electronic access, but I suspect I'll never know.
This discussion has been closed.