Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Mortgage Setup with Express Connect

It appears that a mortgage set up with an online update feature does not provide the payment details needed to track individual transactions. Last year I set up a mortgage with Wells Fargo, downloaded the information and created the accounts. Since then, no transactions were showing and I can't reconcile the account.

I later refinanced the mortgage with Rocket Mortgage and did the same thing and encountered the same issue. In order to show the payment details, I had to deactivate the connection. This then allowed me to split the opening balance transaction to pay off the Wells Fargo mortgage. I tried to deactivate the WF connection, but could not do so because I had unreconciled transactions, which did not display.

Any help on this issue or should it be reported to Quicken as a support issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• compuwisecompuwise Member, Windows Beta Beta
    It seems problematic that one cannot simply disconnect the FI connection to revert to a manual loan. the opening balance transaction remains inaccessible. It may be "working as designed" but the design is flawed.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    compuwise said:
    It seems problematic that one cannot simply disconnect the FI connection to revert to a manual loan. the opening balance transaction remains inaccessible. It may be "working as designed" but the design is flawed.
    I don't have a "connected loan" to try on, but it has always been my understanding that since the start of Quicken Subscription they allow you to disconnect in the Account Details -> Online Services tab, and get back to manual entry.  But note once you do that you can't connect it back up for online download.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)