Mortgage Setup with Express Connect

It appears that a mortgage set up with an online update feature does not provide the payment details needed to track individual transactions. Last year I set up a mortgage with Wells Fargo, downloaded the information and created the accounts. Since then, no transactions were showing and I can't reconcile the account.

I later refinanced the mortgage with Rocket Mortgage and did the same thing and encountered the same issue. In order to show the payment details, I had to deactivate the connection. This then allowed me to split the opening balance transaction to pay off the Wells Fargo mortgage. I tried to deactivate the WF connection, but could not do so because I had unreconciled transactions, which did not display.

Any help on this issue or should it be reported to Quicken as a support issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• compuwise
    compuwise Member, Windows Beta Beta
    It seems problematic that one cannot simply disconnect the FI connection to revert to a manual loan. the opening balance transaction remains inaccessible. It may be "working as designed" but the design is flawed.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    compuwise said:
    It seems problematic that one cannot simply disconnect the FI connection to revert to a manual loan. the opening balance transaction remains inaccessible. It may be "working as designed" but the design is flawed.
    I don't have a "connected loan" to try on, but it has always been my understanding that since the start of Quicken Subscription they allow you to disconnect in the Account Details -> Online Services tab, and get back to manual entry.  But note once you do that you can't connect it back up for online download.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.