Moving investment transactions fails

Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
As a test, I tried to move all investment transactions from a traditional IRA to a newly-created Roth IRA. It failed. The transactions didn't move; they were deleted, and both accounts now show $0.00 balances.
This is using right-click Move Transaction(s) in the IRA register.
Can anyone reproduce this before I report it as a bug?
QWin R30.14
Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    There is a transaction, "Shares transferred between accounts", you should try it instead.
    As always, do a Quicken Backup first in case things go bad.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited December 2020
    Thanks, but I'm not looking for a workaround, but rather to determine whether this is a reproducible bug. And "Shares transferred" won't copy all transactions, it just moves the shares.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not able to reproduce the issue (199 IRA transactions appeared to have moved perfectly to a new Roth IRA) but I'm still on R30.10.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just went through two complete investment transaction moves to a new account using the gear icon and both times worked flawlessly. At the completion, validate runs without any reporting. The balances shifted as expected.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Thanks for testing, guys. This appears to be new symptom of my existing data corruption.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    Thanks, but I'm not looking for a workaround, but rather to determine whether this is a reproducible bug. And "Shares transferred" won't copy all transactions, it just moves the shares.
    Sorry about that.  I missed that it was you that posted the question, otherwise I would have not suggested it to you since I KNOW that you knew the workaround.
     :) 
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list