Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Not able to add BOA accounts - CC-502

Quicken - Premier
Year: 2020
Version: R30.14
Build: 27.1.30.14
Windows 10 Pro
Version 1903

I have reinstalled Quicken on a new computer and am trying to set up my accounts with Bank Of America. I get to the 2 factor authentication portion of adding an account and Quicken bombs. The error message states that there is a connection problem. The error code above is also included. I tried BoA - Quick, BoA - All Other States, Express Web Connect and Direct Connect. I even went so far as to deactivate online services on the other computer. No joy.

I saw where another user changed the way Quicken connects and that worked for him. Something about changing Quicken to use FCS instead of QCS.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @lmbeck65

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

To learn more about the changes from FDS to QCS, I would take a moment to review the previous discussions available here and here.

You may also find more information in the following support article.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~

Answers

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Bill_In_Longwood,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community with your question.

The steps to switch from the QCS channel to the FDS channel are as follows--
    1. Hold down F4 on your keyboard and select Help > About Quicken
    2. Click Change channel on the screen that pops up if it shows you are currently using the QCS channel (see below)

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • That did the trick!

Thank you for your quick response.
    Absolutely! You're welcome and thanks for the update.

I'm glad to hear that worked for you. :)
    -Quicken Anja
  • when I press f4 the curser does not move and can not move to the help tab and can not click anything.
    Hello @henry zajac,

Thank you for contributing to this discussion and letting us know you're experiencing difficulties in trying the steps above.

If you haven't already, I suggest shutting down your computer, and see if it will allow you to perform the steps after turning it back on again.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • lmbeck65lmbeck65 Member ✭✭
    What is the difference between the QCS channel to the FDS channel
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @lmbeck65

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you have not received a response. 

To learn more about the changes from FDS to QCS, I would take a moment to review the previous discussions available here and here.

You may also find more information in the following support article.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~