After downloading transactions from Chase CC, 50% of the payees are identified as "?".

How can I change this so that the actual payee name shows up. This changed about 2 weeks ago. Prior to that, every thing was fine.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @williamrigg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Could you please provide which version of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

To start with, the first thing that I suggest you try is to validate your data file by following the steps below.
    1. First, Save a backup of your data file (just in case
    2. Go to File
    3. File Operations
    4. Validate and Repair
    5. Validate file
    6. OK
    7. Close the data log that will pop-up after the validation has completed
    8. Close Quicken
    9. Wait at least 5 seconds
    10. Reopen Quicken
    11. Try again to see if the issue reoccurs/remains the same or gets corrected
    You can also try Super validate file which is the same steps as above except that you will hold Ctrl and Shift on your keyboard when clicking on Validate and Repair in order to get the option for Super validate file.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I tried the Validate and Repair and it made no difference. I then tried the Super Validate and no change. It is now doing the "?" in the Payee for most of the downloaded transaction in banking accounts for 90% of the transactions. My Investing Accounts still downloading fine, with no problems. I have the latest version for Windows because I am yearly payment plan. Any more suggestions?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @williamrigg

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue. If you find that you are suddenly missing data or information, I would start by restoring a backup.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

You will want to restore a file from prior to this issue occurring.

Do you recall what happened prior to this happening to help us provide steps to prevent this from occurring in the future?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~