Wells Fargo Advisors

Options
2»

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Kgayhart

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

I would next recommend contacting support directly on Monday for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to help isolate the cause of this behavior.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • OrangeThunder
    Options
    I could not get my Wells Fargo Advisor accts (not WF Normal Bank Accts) to show up in Quicken. Kept getting the common error can't sync to WF Servers. I figured out that you have to go to this link "wellsfargo.com/fmssetup" and enter your WF Advisor login information. From there, you have 10 mins to login to your WF Advisor accounts for the first time from Quicken. This could be your issue if you can't login to the WF Advisor accounts using Quicken.
  • Dave Chicago
    Dave Chicago Member ✭✭
    Options
    Similar to many others, I have spent several hours and separate phone calls with Quicken and Wells Fargo Advisors to set up a new WellsTrade brokerage account (which Wells Fargo internally refers to as a Command Account). I can get what appears to be the brokerage account to link via Direct Connect, but the account does not show any cash transactions.

In every other brokerage account that I have with other institutions, the cash holdings are integrated into the account. At WFA, there is a brokerage account and a linked 'brokerage cash account' (also called a subaccount) where the cash seems to sit. In working with both Quicken and WFA, we clicked a button in the Quicken online setup for the brokerage account to show cash in a linked checking account. Neither the brokerage account, nor the linked checking account, in Quicken shows cash. I also cannot get any connection from Quicken to this subaccount.

I can see cash holdings only when I go to Online Center within Quicken and and navigate to Wells Fargo Advisors.

While Wells Fargo's Quicken support team can help with bank products, the Wells Fargo Advisors reps only have high-level support scripts they can talk through (after which they refer all questions to Quicken).

The way the account is structured, the 'brokerage services account' at Wells Fargo is technically a bank account (not a brokerage account); Wells Fargo online support can 'see' the checking account, but they can't figure out how to enable Quicken to see it in order to link it up via Express Web Connect.

Has anyone (including anyone at Quicken) been able to get these WellsTrade accounts to link such that the cash is visible (since it might be sitting in this separate subaccount)?
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Has anyone else with Quicken Accounts with Wells FargoAdvisors been successful in connecting with them? The bank got straightened out a week or so ago, but no success in activating a download with Advisers. (Oddly, the One Step update regularly reports "1 account updated, 1 new transaction" - but no transaction ever downloads!
  • timbog
    timbog Member
    Options
    My Wells Fargo Advisors has been working, there is somewhere on their website you have to authorize the download. My advisor helped me find it a few years ago thankfully I have not had to find it again. Also use direct connect.
  • jwcoleman
    jwcoleman Member
    Options
    Has anyone resolved the issue with Wells Fargo Advisors not downloading transactions in Quicken for Mac? The accounts do set up after going through security and submitting the code that is texted, but the transactions fail to download. Thank you.
  • John52
    John52 Member ✭✭
    Options
    When I try to deactivate my Wells Advisor account it says I need to call the bank. No other accounts require that to deactivate.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    John52 said:
    When I try to deactivate my Wells Advisor account it says I need to call the bank. No other accounts require that to deactivate.
    That is a generic dialog that Quicken puts up, which may or may not (usually not) be true:

Edit, The main reason for Quicken to post this message is to let you know that if you are being charged for the service, that you have to tell them to cancel it to stop the charges.  You can't just deactivate the service in Quicken and expect the charges to stop from your financial institution.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.