Zero out a Budget

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: New Budget and existing balances.

Best Answer

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Snabo
    Disclaimer: I don't use the budget feature in my Quicken file so I may be missing something. That said ...
    1. Using last years budget, or after creating a dummy budget for last year
    2. Change the year of the budget where it says Budget as of 1/2020 to 1/2021
    3. Quicken will pop up a dialog that asks Where should the target values for this new 12 month budget starting on 1/2021 come from?
    4. Click on the Zero values button.
    5. Click on the Save button.
    I hope this is helpful.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1

Answers

• Snabo
    Snabo Member
    Options
    There must be some simpler way to start an annual budget from zero without the 'automatic' preparation of the new year's budget and then having to spend HOURS zeroing out the values that are inserted from the previous year. Why not save us all the waste of time by providing a ZERO start option, please?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Snabo

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question. To submit a feature request, please see the information available here.

To learn more about posting on the Community, please see the information available here. I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Snabo
    Disclaimer: I don't use the budget feature in my Quicken file so I may be missing something. That said ...
    1. Using last years budget, or after creating a dummy budget for last year
    2. Change the year of the budget where it says Budget as of 1/2020 to 1/2021
    3. Quicken will pop up a dialog that asks Where should the target values for this new 12 month budget starting on 1/2021 come from?
    4. Click on the Zero values button.
    5. Click on the Save button.
    I hope this is helpful.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.