how do i set my monthly budget to start NOT on the 1st?

Options
i have monthly income as a retiree. it is deposited the last week of the month, so a monthly budget beginning on the 1st is irrelevant for me. it will show overspending in all categories almost all month. any ideas?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The budget should not show overspending in any expense categories unless you have exceeded (or plan to exceed) the budgeted amount. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're confusing "Budget" vs "Income & Expense".  Your income and expense report only reports on the entire calendar month, and will show a negative net amount until the income is received.
    BUDGET, however, works as @Sherlock replied

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i have monthly income as a retiree. it is deposited the last week of the month, so a monthly budget beginning on the 1st is irrelevant for me. it will show overspending in all categories almost all month. any ideas?
    I would state that the day of the month that you get paid is irrelevant for setting up a budget, because your bills aren't going to "cooperate".

Some of your bills will be "before" you get paid, and some will be "after".  They will still have to be paid when due, not when you get paid.  It called "savings".

To make it "look right" for any given month, setup a reminder for your income and turn on including the reminders in your budget.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.