I'm getting this notice every time I download/update my accounts: (Q Mac)

Options
Lynn
Lynn Member ✭✭
I'm getting this notice every time I download/update my accounts:

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    There's a bug that's causing this, but there's an easy solution. Go to Preferences in the Quicken menu, click on the Connected Services tab, and in the Cloud Account, click Reset.  
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Lynn
    Lynn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried your suggestion - thank you - and now get a different message: Sync Error: warning: Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Lynn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue. I'm glad to see the Cloud Reset suggested by jacobs resolved the initial error you were receiving, though I am sorry to hear that you are now receiving a different Sync Error.

To resolve this new error, I first suggest you try repeating the same Cloud Reset steps initially provided by jacobs. However, if this does not resolve the error, then I suggest you try performing a manual Cloud Reset by deleting the cloud account and resyncing to the cloud in order to replace that deleted cloud account with a new one (don't worry, this should not affect your data saved with your data file). 

To do so, first, save a backup (just in case). Then, follow the steps below to remove the cloud account from your main data file.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Select Preferences
    3. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and turn sync OFF
    4. Close Preferences
    5. Open a different data file or if you don't have a different data file to open, create a (temporary) new data file (click here to view instructions under To create a new data file).
    6. Once the other/new file opens, navigate back to the Quicken dropdown menu
    7. Select Preferences
    8. Connected Services
    9. Click on See all cloud accounts 
    10. Select the cloud account name from your original file
    11. Click the minus-sign (-) in the bottom-left corner
    12. On the pop-up screen, click Delete Cloud Account
    13. Switch back to your original data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Switching between data files)
    14. Once you've returned to your original data file, navigate back to the Quicken dropdown menu
    15. Select Preferences
    16. Mobile, Sync & Alerts and turn sync back ON
    17. Close Preferences
    18. Attempt to update/sync your online accounts again
    Once that completes, see if this resolved the Sync Error. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as it's cloud account.

Please, check back and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.