One Step Update will not complete

Options
2»

Answers

• jettyrat
    jettyrat Member
    Options
    I realize this is an old thread but I am having this exact same problem after Quicken installed a new update when I launched it this morning. One Step Update very quickly completes the first three accounts, all credit cards with no new transactions, then gets hung up on PayPal and my bank accounts. I had to kill the program with Task Manager to get out of the loop it was stuck in. Upon relaunching I tried updating accounts individually and again it gets stuck in the same loop.

I get so frustrated with this extortionist software. I just want to purchase and own something that works once I learn it and not be continually held hostage, required to constantly pay for upgrades that only waste my time and make the program less reliable and less useful to me.
  • Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just tried to update after the announcement that the issue with OSU hanging was resolved - and Schwab is asking me to authorize my accounts! - its going to re-add the accounts and redownload all my duplicates, weeks after I had cleaned all that up? !!
  • Joseph Witkin
    Options
    and CC-501 error when I try...
  • Joseph Witkin
    Options
    after I close the "add accounts" Schwab login window with the CC501 error, Quicken update summary shows that the Schwab accounts were updated successfully with the current time. No new transactions to confirm, though... 
  • Joseph Witkin
    Options
    working today
  • Joseph Witkin
    Options
    After no problems for a week, One Step Update is hanging on Express Web Connect again... no way to quit except task manager.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Joseph Witkin,

Thank you for coming to the community. We do currently have an active alert regarding one-step updates. I have included a link to the alert so that you may stay up to date on any information or resolutions regarding this error. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7904619/new-12-28-21-slowness-or-errors-when-performing-a-one-step-update#latest

Thank you for your continued patience and support as we work towards a resolution. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Joseph Witkin
    Options
    Is there a safe way to exit Quicken when it is hung?

(When I have had to use task manager to force quit, I have then restored the file from prior to the OSU and validated it, and have not had errors reported - but I did see warnings that force-quit could damage the database and the installation...)

Meanwhile, OSU just finished after 15 minutes - CC501 errors for Schwab and San Diego County Credit Union "error on the Quicken server..."
  • s0cks4sox
    Options
    Is there a safe way to exit Quicken when it is hung? - I agree with Joseph. We must have some way to exit since you can't fix in a timely manner. This issue is months old why doesn't quicken do something to fix or is this to be the new norm.
  • Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    @Joeseph Witkin,

If you are consistently getting a CC-501 with Charles Schwab, please check for hidden accounts that may still be connected to the old "zzz" instance of Charles Schwab. This is almost always what causes this error for people.  

To find your hidden accounts, go to Tools>Account List>Show Hidden Accounts. (pictured below)

Do let us know if this resolves this issue. Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hi @Joseph Witkin and @s0cks4sox,

Thank you all for continuing to update this Community discussion with your progress, though I am sorry to hear that your issues persist.

To answer your questions regarding a safe way to close Quicken when it is hung up, unfortunately, the answer is no. If Quicken is stuck in a process, it doesn't let you exit or close the program until it has finished that process, as you have noticed.  Force quitting the application is the only way out at that point.

As for the OSU issues, I am curious about the location of your data files. Can those who are still experiencing this "hanging" issue, please tell us where your data file resides on your PC. Be sure to provide us with the entire file path. You can easily find this by going to File>Show this file on my computer from within your software. That will open up the File Explorer and the file you currently have open will be highlighted. There is a bar at the top of this window that displays the file path. You can copy it there and then paste it here. 

Thank you!
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Joseph Witkin
    Options
    X:\Users\Joe\Documents\Quicken
    Note X is NOT my boot disk; it is an alternate Windows disk that I can boot from (one of 3), but I do not run Quicken when starting up from that disk.
    The hanging OSU is definitely intermittant - it was slow but successful yesterday, and fine this morning. Everything the same at my end.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    X:\Users\Joe\Documents\Quicken
    Note X is NOT my boot disk; it is an alternate Windows disk that I can boot from (one of 3), but I do not run Quicken when starting up from that disk.
    The hanging OSU is definitely intermittant - it was slow but successful yesterday, and fine this morning. Everything the same at my end.
    AFAIK ... as long as X: is an internal hard drive or SSD or partition thereof you should be OK. Network - attached external drives are not supported. Cloud backup software must NOT access your active Quicken data file while Quicken is running. When you exit from Quicken, let Quicken create Automatic and Manual Backups for you and send those to a cloud or external disk drive.

• Joseph Witkin
    Options
    X is an internal drive. I already do local and cloud backups every time I run Quicken.
  • Joseph Witkin
    Options
    Express Web Connect still taking one to several minutes, way slower than in the past, though it usually succeeds eventually with Schwab. Still fairly frequent issues with CC505 errors with San Diego County Credit Union, but that has been going on for years.
  • JoniM
    JoniM Member
    Options
    I have been trying to add Schwab accounts for three weeks now. My version of Quicken is up to date, and I have spent a few hours on the phone with Quicken support. Schwab confirms there is nothing they can do on their end. This is getting ridiculous. I really need to add these accounts as tax season is here. Please help! (Windows 11, Quicken Home, Business and Rental Premium.
This discussion has been closed.