OSU/Cloud Sync Issues and Errors

This discussion was created from comments split from: one step update stopped working.

Comments

• dwtrux
    dwtrux Member ✭✭
    My Quicken has also become a hot mess. I am on Quicken Deluxe R31.8. I spend way too much time trying to reset and reconnect accounts, the One Step Updates only show partial data and errors in cloud sync about a budge "" that doesn't exist even though I reset the cloud data. This is becoming a less than useful program since I have to go to the individual bank and credit card accounts to download
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @dwtrux,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since, unfortunately, your attempt to reset the cloud sync has failed to resolve this for you, next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

Before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, you will go ahead and create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Instructions and open the blue dropdown section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, go ahead and switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Instructions and open the blue dropdown section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu and click on Cloud Sync to make sure the errors don't resurface, and verify that the manual reset was successful. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dwtrux
    dwtrux Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    [Removed - Unhelpful/Argumentative]
This discussion has been closed.