How to report bugs related to option transactions?

Options
New2
New2 Member
Hi,

I'm new to Quicken (Windows) and wanted to use it to tract transactions in all my investment accounts. I read online that Quicken's treatment of options is lacking. But the errors I saw seem to point to some simple bugs in Quicken's processing of option transactions as if the software has never been tested.

I know various brokerage firms may report option transactions differently and sometimes confusingly, which could cause problem. However, in my case, the option transactions downloaded from my brokerage accounts are correct (I verified by going into each one and confirm the details), but the Share Bal column shows wrong numbers. This leads to Quicken to create a bunch of confusing placeholders asking me to reconcile the differences.

The attached image shows what I am talking about. Note that there were no previously established positions in those two options. So Share Bal should show -100 and -300, respectively. Instead, I got -99 and -296. Because one option contract is 100 shares of the underlying security, these numbers are incorrect regardless if there were existing positions. The second image shows that buying option can also lead to wrong Share Bal number and the error is more bizarre. The puzzling part is that the error occur for most of my option transactions but NOT all. This problem happens for at least the two brokerage firms I use.

My questions to the community are:

1) Has anyone seen similar errors? If so, how long has this error been with Quicken?
2) How to report the bug to Quicken, or reach their technical support?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @New2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To report the problem, simply navigate to Help > Report a problem. You can also contact Quicken Support via chat and phone. Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Additionally, being that you are a new user, I would like to inform you that you do have the option to schedule a one-on-one tour with our Quicken 1-2-3 team. 

By doing so, one of our Quicken 1-2-3 team members will contact you via phone at your scheduled appointment time. This team has been specifically trained and put together to assist our new customers in getting familiarized with the program and learn how to utilize it to fit your needs, as well as answer any questions and/or address any concerns you may have.

If this is something that would interest you, then please, click here to select a time slot and schedule your tour! Alternatively, you can also call them directly at your own convenience. The phone number can be found through that same link.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.