downloading intermittent double entries from USAA

HWM
HWM Member
Running Quicken Deluxe 6.0.3 on MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)

First I ran into the known issue of USAA's increased security measures. I deactivated and hid accounts (USAA) and added new accounts to solve the connectivity to banking issue. That was fine and my balances matched what was on my online bank balanaces.

But...I have a number of double entries downloaded from USAA to quicken. The entries are single on my online banking site, but a number are double on Quicken. I deleted all accounts connected to USAA and re-added them with the same issue. Oddly enough, the overall account balances are correct even with the double entries. Help?

Best Answer

Answers

• tfbjr25
    tfbjr25 Member ✭✭
    I can't help your issue but I'm commenting in hopes of bringing more attention with the update USAA had and the errors experienced in Quicken. I walked through all the steps as required and it worked fine this morning. I tried again this evening and I received the same error message. I'm hoping this is really a short term problem.
  • Doug G.
    Doug G. Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem...getting transactions downloaded from USAA that had previously downloaded a day or two before. I have to carefully compare each transaction downloaded against earlier transactions downloaded to see if they are already present, and choose DELETE in the download window if they are. When done, everything reconciles OK, but this has to be corrected!
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    This seems to be the same problem reported here on the Windows side:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7887428/usaa-transaction-downloads-are-now-reversed

USAA is sending pending transactions.  And then when they really post, they send them again with different unique Ids.  And depending on the transaction type and/or the fact that it is comes from an internal/external account the signs on the pending transactions can be reversed.

Only USAA can fix this problem.  For now the workaround is to delete the first "pending" transaction.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I am also getting the double downloads of the same transaction. How am I to know that the transaction download to quicken is a pending transaction. It shows up a match to transaction I manually entered, and after accepting the transaction matching, the entry shows Cleared, and after Reconcile, balances match.
  • I'm having this same issue again today, Feb 13th. On Feb 8th, I deactivated all my usaa accounts due to double downloading of 60 days worth of transactions (after doing this on Feb 4th bc of double downloads). I closed out Quicken, reopened it and then reactivated my USAA accounts. The download was perfect on the 8th and I thought the problem was fixed. I just downloaded transactions for the first time since the 8th and they are double downloaded from 60 days again and the balances are all messed up. I have restored from my previous good backup of the 8th and am not sure what to do next. I will not deactivate and reactivate my usaa accounts every time I need to download my info. I am really frustrated as I don't know if this is a Quicken issue or a USAA issue. It was working fine before having to switch to the new USAA links. I wish USAA would bring back manual download!!!
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    As noted above in this thread, it appears to be a USAA problem. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • why57
    why57 Member
    Anyone know why is this taking so long to resolve? Why can't Quicken develop a work around...like match on transaction id's and then either remove the pending or final transaction? Does quicken have a case open with USAA? If so, what is status of the case? Has USAA decided to work to resolve the case or ignore it. Not looking for the world here...just more transparency.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @why57

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question. 

The connection method being used should be Direct Connect. Any connectivity issues experienced using this method will need to be reported directly to the financial institution. 

Quicken does not have access to the bank servers to escalate or correct this issue. At this time we are do not have a status update or ETA to provide as we are unable to correct this issue.

I would recommend contacting USAA directly for more information and the report the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Robin67
    Robin67 Member
    I have also updated mine to the new system, and each day I download I get:
    - about 10-15% duplicate downloads from previous days
    - First download of a deposit comes down as a payment. The second one (day later) is correct as a deposit.

Help please.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Robin67 said:
    I have also updated mine to the new system, and each day I download I get:
    - about 10-15% duplicate downloads from previous days
    - First download of a deposit comes down as a payment. The second one (day later) is correct as a deposit.

Help please.
    No one here can help.  The problem has to be fixed by USAA, and yes they are very aware of the problem, and they say they are working on it.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S. for now just delete the duplicate transactions (first one, which in fact is the "pending" one and the second one is the one that actually posts).
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.