Cannot delete an old repeating payment

Options
While I have found some posts that detail how to delete, they don't work for me. I get "This repeating payment is marked for deletion. Do you which to undo the deletion?"
It is an old repeating payment, no longer active, not listed on my bank's website.
Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2020

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Peg

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Peg,

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you continue to experience this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and try the steps found in this support article regarding this topic.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Peg

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend running the Validate & Repair tool on the data file from the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair option.

In the Validate File window that opens, click the top box to "validate file" and then click OK.

When the validation completes, a data log will open in Notepad, please let us know if any errors or issues are found/repaired, and when ready close and re-open Quicken.

Please let us know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Peg
    Peg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Dear Tyka,
    Thanks for your response. Yesterday, I had run validate and restarted Quicken prior to posting the question. Today I also rebooted the computer, and it seems to be fixed!
    Thanks,
    Peg
  • Peg
    Peg Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have to reopen this question. The repeating transaction is still there and I cannot figure out how to delete it. I get "This repeating payment is marked for deletion. Do you wish to undo the deletion?"
    It is an old repeating payment, no longer active, not listed on my bank's website.
    I have performed Validate (several times), closed Quicken, rebooted (several times) and cannot get rid of the old repeating transaction.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2020
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Peg,

Thank you for reaching back out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you continue to experience this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and try the steps found in this support article regarding this topic.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.