YTD ROI %

I have a mutual fund held in two different accounts. No transactions for the funds for 2021. One shows a YTD ROI of 4.18% and the other 6.75%. I've gone through daily portfolio statuses and the ROI between the two accounts changed on 1/19/2021. Up until then they were identical. Any thoughts? Running version R31.12.

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    With no transactions, the calculation should be really simple
    = Mkt Val (today) / Mkt Val (12/31/2020) - 1 
    Which value is correct?

Seems to me there must be a transaction lurking somewhere.  
  • Bruce Anderson
    Bruce Anderson Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the response but there are no transactions after the December 2020 cap gains distribution. As I said, I've pulled up my portfolio on every day and the ROI mysteriously changed on 1/19/2021, when the ROI on one of the two funds jumped 2%. All days prior to that they share the same ROI. I did run a file validate and repair including rebuilding investment prices but had no errors. Quicken share and value balance match my brokerage to the share and penny. Still perplexed.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6
    Still seems relevant to know which value is correct.  (If I were you, I'd want to know because somehow the problem is in the errored account.)

File Validation including rebuilding investment lots would be my other direction.  
    Edit -- I reread you already did that. 
  • Bruce Anderson
    Bruce Anderson Member ✭✭
    Found my issue. Thanks for the input.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found my issue. Thanks for the input.
    Willing to share?  Might help others. 
  • Bruce Anderson
    Bruce Anderson Member ✭✭
    Well I did find a current year sell transaction in the older of the two accounts but I was thinking ROI would be based upon the performance of the remaining shares in the account. That obviously is not the case despite the share price in each account showing the same gain.