CC-503 - Coinbase Account Setup

esaurusaitis
esaurusaitis Member ✭✭✭
Does Quicken support adding Coinbase Wallet? It comes up in the account list, but Quicken fails with a CC-503 error when I enter the logon information. I am sure I typed in the correct user/password.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Just checking the internal Quicken file - and there is one for US and one for Canada.
    Here is US - so looks like it should work -
    Sometimes you need a simpler PW when using Quicken vs what you have on the website.... Does your password have special chars - and how long ?
    57876    57876    57876    Coinbase - Bitcoin Wallet    http://www.coinbase.com    888-908-7930    https://coinbase.com/signin    ACTIVE                  
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

[EDIT] - updated topic title to better reflect the CC-503 Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• esaurusaitis
    esaurusaitis Member ✭✭✭
    My coinbase password is 11 characters long with one special character.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @esaurusaitis

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to ask your question. If you have done so already, I would recommend taking a moment to review a previous discussion on the topic.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7885023/coinbase-cc-503

At this time Coinbase is not supported, the previous discussion contains more details.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken_Tyka said: At this time Coinbase is not supported, the previous discussion contains more details.
    Its unfortunate that Coinbase is listed in the FIDIR with a valid entry,
    and yet as mentioned - as not being supported....
    It should just then be removed - vs looking like it should connect, but have some other internal issues preventing it from actually connecting with a User ID and PW.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Agree - wasted time trying to connect, changing my coinbase password, etc. Very frustrating!
  • Adding my voice to the list of frustrated Coinbase account holders unable to add their credentials in Quicken as of 2-28-2021.
  • JDG42
    JDG42 Member
    I too would like to add my voice to the growing frustration of not being able to add Coinbase, even though it "is" listed in your list as a valid Financial Institution
  • dcamp
    dcamp Member ✭✭
    Confirm still not working last of 8/12/21 -- also wasted time trying to figure out why it wasn't working -- as others have noted, it would be extremely useful if Coinbase were wither removed from the 'new account' list, or had some indication that it is not currently supported.
  • EKH
    EKH Member ✭✭
    Can someone tell us When Coinbase will be supported by Quicken so we can link our Coinbase account (and other Wallets) to our Quicken account?? I note, this has been an urgent request for quite sometime now. I too tried to add our CoinBase account a new account to Quicken, but it would not accept my credentials. With the popularity of Coinbase I would hope that now this request has moved up the Updated ladder. Please advise the timeframe of when this will be added in a Quicken Update.

In the meantime, can you suggest a workaround?

Looking urgently for your reply.

Thank you,
    EKH
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    EKH said:
    Can someone tell us When Coinbase will be supported by Quicken so we can link our Coinbase account (and other Wallets) to our Quicken account?? I note, this has been an urgent request for quite sometime now. I too tried to add our CoinBase account a new account to Quicken, but it would not accept my credentials. With the popularity of Coinbase I would hope that now this request has moved up the Updated ladder. Please advise the timeframe of when this will be added in a Quicken Update.

In the meantime, can you suggest a workaround?

Looking urgently for your reply.

Thank you,
    EKH
    As I understand it there is zero chance for this support until they support cryptocurrencies.  And no one can tell you when that is going to happen (Quicken Inc doesn't announce if they are working on a feature or give out time schedules.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • rcwynn
    rcwynn Member
    Just ran into this same issue today. Did the password thing like many of you. Even contacted Coinbase. So after 9+ months Quicken still hasn't removed the Coinbase wallet entry in the new accounts screen. As a software developer myself I know that this is a pretty easy fix. You just remove it from the database or filter it out. Make me wonder who's in charge at Quicken and why they make these decisions. Or don't make them....
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @rcwynn it is my understanding that it is Intuit that supplies that list (Quicken Inc pays them for the service).  When Quicken was owned by Intuit I never found that department to really be that good at maintaining things.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.