How to change core position in an investment account

Options
RED16
RED16 Member ✭✭
edited February 2021 in Investing (Windows)
How to change core position in an investment account?

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please elaborate. Are you replacing one set of investments with another or what?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That would be a SELL of the current position and a BUY of the new position. 
    But doing such will only change your Q records ... not what the fund company is holding ... you need to contact them to make this change on their end.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RED16
    RED16 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, funds were transferred in from trust co settlement. The fund company records are correct but balance is shown as cash in Q account, rather than the true core position which is a money market fund (as shown in fund co records). Fund company checked and suggested I call Q; Q suggested I call fund company - I call this the "death spiral"!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options
    There should have been a transaction moving the "cash" funds into the MM fund.
    Usually its like... Outside Cash --> Cash Acct or Settlement Acct --> Investment (MM)

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RED16 said:
    Thanks, funds were transferred in from trust co settlement. The fund company records are correct but balance is shown as cash in Q account, rather than the true core position which is a money market fund (as shown in fund co records). Fund company checked and suggested I call Q; Q suggested I call fund company - I call this the "death spiral"!
    Some financial institution's will provide Quicken with the core money market fund holdings and transactions while others do not.  If you want to handle the position differently than the financial institution is providing to Quicken, you must do so manually.