Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How can I download the price for bitcoin?

Does anyone know the symbol for bitcoin? Yahoo finance shows it as BTC but when I have Quicken download prices for this symbol it is not Bitcoin.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14 Accepted Answer
    Bitcoin is not a security so it is not on Quicken's service providers list. You can manually create it as a security for Bitcoin (BTC) and download the prices from Yahoo Finance as a CSV file and import them into Quicken though....
  • SpeedDemon
    SpeedDemon Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    To be more specific setup the Security manually as Other (since Quicken does not have a security type called Cryptocurrency) and enter the security name as The NYSE Bitcoin Index

Answers

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14 Accepted Answer
    Bitcoin is not a security so it is not on Quicken's service providers list. You can manually create it as a security for Bitcoin (BTC) and download the prices from Yahoo Finance as a CSV file and import them into Quicken though....
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @dave344,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, since Bitcoin and cryptocurrency tracking is not currently an available feature in Quicken right now; I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this topic instead which is currently marked as Planned. If you would like to be notified of updates on this feature request as they become available, you can go ahead and bookmark the thread by clicking the yellow star on the top-right corner.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • SpeedDemon
    SpeedDemon Member ✭✭
    Enter the security type as The NYSE Bitcoin Index
  • SpeedDemon
    SpeedDemon Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    To be more specific setup the Security manually as Other (since Quicken does not have a security type called Cryptocurrency) and enter the security name as The NYSE Bitcoin Index
  • dave344
    dave344 Member ✭✭
    Thank you SpeedDemon. That appears to work! Apparently the symbol for "The NYSE Bitcoin Index" is INDEX:NYXBT and not BTC
  • SpeedDemon
    SpeedDemon Member ✭✭
    Indeed - I have been using that for 5 years in Quicken. Just wish I could find something for the other cryptos as well. Quicken has missed the boat on this. I hear NYSE or NASDAQ is working on Indices for all the major cryptos.