How do I change the bill reminder default from recurring to only once?

Options
I keep forgetting and the bills show up for months.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Daniel L,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To change a bill reminder's schedule, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and open the dropdown menu in the Action column for the bill reminder in question. Then select Edit this instance and all future instances as shown below.

This will open the Edit Bill Reminder window. In there, click on (change) next to the Due next on: field (see below).

From there, change the How often: field to Only once (see below), and click OK, then Done.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Daniel L,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To change a bill reminder's schedule, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and open the dropdown menu in the Action column for the bill reminder in question. Then select Edit this instance and all future instances as shown below.

This will open the Edit Bill Reminder window. In there, click on (change) next to the Due next on: field (see below).

From there, change the How often: field to Only once (see below), and click OK, then Done.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• Daniel L
    Daniel L Member
    Options
    Thanks. Is there a way to make that the default so I don't have to do it with each bill?
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    The change should automatically apply to the entire series, or in this case, since the change was made to Only once, the upcoming months to follow should be removed.

However, if you do still see the bill in the upcoming months, then you can simply remove the bill completely starting with the first next one due, and it should still keep the one that was initially changed to Only once.

-Quicken Anja

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja, I think @Daniel L means to make it a default for ANY bill he enters going forward.  I don’t believe this can be done
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    bmciance said:
    @Quicken Anja, I think @Daniel L means to make it a default for ANY bill he enters going forward.  I don’t believe this can be done
    @bmciance Thanks for the clarification!

@Daniel L In that case, then yes, you would need to repeat the process for each bill separately as there currently isn't a feature available that allows you to change this setting for all bills at once.

If you wish to request a feature like that to be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post and add your vote. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.