Unable to Connect to Charles Schwab

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Charles Schwab Accounts No Longer Downloading Transactions-.

Comments

• Dana Caulder
    Dana Caulder Member ✭✭
    I am a new Quicken User and cannot set up connections to my Schwab accounts. I get a similar error (Quicken cannot communicate with Charles Schwab and Co, Inc) when I try to connect the account. I have been having this trouble for several days now (with a brand new install of Quicken on my Mac: Version 6.1.1 (Build 601.37924.100), macOS 10.14.6
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Dana Caulder,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Aside from the error message do you happen to also receive a specific error code associated with the message that you can provide us with here? Also, do you have the account you are trying to connect already set up in Quicken, or are you trying to add it as a new account?

Please, check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dana Caulder
    Dana Caulder Member ✭✭
    I had to go into the Schwab Security Center and enable 3rd party access. It's working now!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    @Dana Caulder Thanks for the update!

I'm glad to hear you were able to get it resolved. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.