Can't connect to Wells Fargo Asset Management

Options
2»

Comments

• Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still unable to update this morning, and it looks like neither WFAM or Quicken will take responsibility. Wonderful.
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Sarah   @Quicken_Tyka

I posted my results after calling Wells Fargo Asset Management the second time several posts back.  Other users (Windows and Mac) have also posted since that time.  Wells Fargo says it's a Quicken issue and Quicken says contact Wells Fargo.  We users just need this to work.  What is the next step?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1994
  • Lakeboy56
    Lakeboy56 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I cannot connect since Wells Fargo changed over to Wells Fargo Asset Management. I have done everything that I have seen in this thread but have been unable to connect to Wells Fargo Asset Management. I plan to call them as well about the issue. I would love to hear the solution once one is found.
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    Options
    Say Quicken, my subscription is due to expire Saturday. Tell me why I should renew when I can't access a number of my accounts. Would really be interested in your reply.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @Matt  This is mostly a user-to-user support forum, with some help from a few Quicken employee moderators. You're not speaking to Quicken management here, so I don't think you'll get the response you're looking for. ;)

I don't know if the Well Fargo Asset Management problem being discussed in this thread is on Quicken's end or Wells Fargo's end. Since Wells Fargo apparently changed their website earlier this month, there's a good chance it was their fault for not giving Quicken (Intuit's OFX department, actually) a heads up in advance about the changes, and now it's on Quicken (Intuit) to figure out what's changed and update their connectivity code accordingly. Sometimes these problems are resolved within days, but they often take several weeks or longer, depending how many things there are in the queue at Intuit and how they prioritize certain financial institutions with more Quicken users higher than those with fewer Quicken users. (They deal with more than 14,000 financial institutions, so if every one made just one change per year, they'd have more than 50 changes a day to resolve.) And if there's information Quicken (Intuit) needs from the financial institution and can't get prompt help with, or the financial institution needs to make additional changes on their back-end, some problems linger far longer.

From a consumer standpoint, it stinks that this is the state of online bank connectivity between personal finance software and financial institutions in 2021, but I find it hard to fault Quicken when the financial intuitions initiate the changes without warning. On the other hand, I do fault Quicken for lack of transparency and communication to users: what is known, what is not known, what the status of an outage is, if it's been worked on or where it is in a queue, any estimate of ETA, etc.

The answer to your question -- why should I renew my Quicken subscription? -- can actually only be answered by you. The answer comes as the result of two other questions: (1) Do I feel I get enough value from my Quicken subscription to be worth the $xx I pay for it annually, and (2) Is there some other product/service on the market which is a better fit for my needs than Quicken?  Some of us are here with Quicken, after many years of ups and downs, because we find having our financial history pulled together in the way Quicken does it to be very valuable. But we all use different facets of Quicken software, so some missing functionality which is a "no big deal" shoulder-shrug for me could be a fist-pounding, egregious omission to you -- and visa versa. The same is true of other software products: some people are looking primarily for something another product excels at, find the alternative to be a great fit, and move on; some people look at and/or try alternatives and come back to Quicken because its combination of features is best for them, shortcomings and all. These are questions we'd all answer somewhat differently, so the right move for you isn't what's right for me or someone else.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Lakeboy56

Have you had a chance to call yet?  What was their response?
  • qknuser34988
    qknuser34988 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I called Wells Fargo earlier today and they said they are aware of and working on the issue. He seemed to think it would be fixed Friday or over the weekend and to give it a try Monday. We will see I guess !
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    May be getting closer.  I tried connecting today and made it through the prompts to link to the Quicken account.  Clicking continue gave this:

Then when I click Continue to Try Again, I get a message saying there aren't any more Wells Fargo Asset Management accounts to connect.  

Has anyone gotten further?
  • qknuser34988
    qknuser34988 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I got the same thing. It took my id/pw but got the same result you did.
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I tried again today thinking that they were not finished fixing it on Saturday.  I'm still getting the same.

I also created a new file from scratch because the Quicken responders here usually recommend to try that.  I still get the same results with the brand new file and with Wells Fargo Asset Management being the first account to be added to the new file.
  • qknuser34988
    qknuser34988 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I called WF again today. They were aware of the previous ID/PW issue which was resolved -- but not the current problem. They are going to escalate and see what is going on now.
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope they get it fixed.  
  • qknuser34988
    qknuser34988 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Wow, it works !
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got mine linked too!!!
  • Matt
    Matt Member ✭✭
    Options
    I see the issue is finally resolved.
  • radishes
    radishes Member
    Options
    Hi, I get a different message from Quickin GL-220-A when trying to connect to with new password to WFAM. Did anyone get that? What do you all mean when you say make a new file? When I called WF, they said it was a Quickin problem. I will seriously consider moving to new software. This is ridiculous and have a problem with another company not downloading and for both I've been using them for years.
  • Rick2022
    Rick2022 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would suggest starting a new thread with Wells Fargo Asset Management and Error GL-220-A in the title.  The error in this thread has been fixed.

But, I will add this - Have you created the new WFAM account since they changed their website login?  And if so, have you tried to go to Settings for the account in quicken and clicked "Reset Connection" so you are prompted to reenter the username & password?
This discussion has been closed.