Incorrect posting date showing up when reconciliating an account.

When I went to reconcile my checking account today, it was showing the incorrect posting date on some of the transactions. not all just some thereby making it unable to finish reconciling accurately. my Register is showing the correct date of posting. Help

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

More details, please.
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?   US or Canadian version?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure that the register is showing the right posting date?
    The main date field in the register isn't the posting date.
    To see the posting data you need to turn on that column:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bats
    bats Member
    The Screen Shots are from the Register showing Cleared transactions with the posted dates highlighted that show up differently on the Reconciliation app. Also on the Reconciliation App, the last entry listed has not cleared yet but has a posted date.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well addressing this part:
    bats said:
    Also on the Reconciliation App, the last entry listed has not cleared yet 
    What I notice is that no where in the register screenshots is this $25 transaction shown, only in the reconcile dialog is it shown.  There isn't any way for the reconcile to "made up" that transaction so why doesn't it show in the register.  I believe the answer is in this:

Most likely you are filtering out that transaction.  Select the Reset button and I think you will find that $25 transaction has been downloaded, but not marked cleared.
    Why a downloaded transaction isn't marked cleared is a mystery.  It could be that you changed it setting or maybe some kind of "sync" problem especially if you are syncing to Web/Mobile, but it even possible with an account connected by Express Web Connect, which also "syncs".

On the other hand for the purpose of reconciling, selecting it (clearing it) manually would be the right action for completing the reconcile since clearly it has been downloaded/cleared the financial institution.

As for the posting dates being wrong.  It is really possible to tell that from the screenshots as far as I can tell.  Yes the transaction date and the posting dates are pretty far apart, but these are checks, and they could have taken quite some time to cash them and then clear the financial institution.  The real test would be to see what posting date the financial institution has for those transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • bats
    bats Member
    I set the filter on the register to only show the cleared Items. I didn't want to show the items that were not cleared to eliminate the items that would have shown up on the register that had reconciled or not cleared.
  • bats
    bats Member
    I am not concerned with the register, it is correct. It is only showing the items that have cleared during this month and the correct dates that they cleared. What I am concerned about is the check 3117 that cleared after the statement closed on 3/15, why does it show up on the reconciliation report that it cleared on 1/26 It cleared the bank on 3/16. so it should be on the report but not cleared. Also, the 25.00 check 3130 that you were talking about that has not yet cleared the bank. I just checked online to see if it had cleared yet. Why does it have a posted date of 3/14 showing on the reconciliation report? Why are the posting dates wrong on so many checks on the reconciliation report yet some of them are right? What is going to happen when I tell the reconciliation report to finish is it going to change all the posting dates in the register to the wrong dates as shown in the reconciliation rpt. or is it going to leave them alone and they will be correct?