Issues with one step update

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: One Step Updating not updating one account out of sixteen?.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• The phone number can be found at the support website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

Answers

• Tim K
    Tim K Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem, but the solution above doesn't work for me. I've been unable to do One Step Update to my accounts for about a week. Please advise.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Tim K

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Are you having issues with all of your accounts or some of your accounts. What error message are you receiving? What FI are you having issues with as well. 

With more information we'll be able to take a look to see what exactly we can do in order to fix the issue you're having. Let us know once you get the chance.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• billwoolf2
    billwoolf2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hello @ Tim K

I found a fix to my One Step Update problem by going to Edit>Preferences>Quicken Id Sync & Alerts; Then click sign on as different user and type "yes" to sign out. Then sign back in with your same user Id and Password.
  • Tim K
    Tim K Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Francisco. I believe the problem is restricted to my investment accounts with Fidelity and my banking accounts with Fifth Third. This is very frustrating - I re-upped my Quicken subscription and it's currently of limited use. The one-step updates are the main reason I use Quicken. It makes balancing accounts easy.
  • Tim K
    Tim K Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @billwoolf2 said:
    > Hello @ Tim K
    >
    > I found a fix to my One Step Update problem by going to Edit>Preferences>Quicken Id Sync & Alerts; Then click sign on as different user and type "yes" to sign out. Then sign back in with your same user Id and Password.

As I said, I already tried this recommendation. It didn't work for me.
  • Tim K
    Tim K Member ✭✭
    Options
    A popup window appears saying Connectivity Problems. "The login information for your financial institution is incorrect. If you have recently changed your password, enter it here."

I enter the password, then I'm told "Sorry, Quicken was unable to connect with this password. Please make sure the password is correct before trying again, as most banks lock the account after a few trials."

I have attempted this multiple times, including changing my Fidelity password and signing in to be certain the new password works, then attempting again from Quicken without success.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Are your accounts at Fidelity Investments ... or Fidelity NetBenefits?  They are separate Financial Institutions in Quicken.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Tim K
    Tim K Member ✭✭
    Options
    The problems are with Fidelity Investments and Fifth Third Bank. I've focused my efforts on resolving the Fidelity problems, but I eventually also need to resolve the Fifth Third problems.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• The phone number can be found at the support website.
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definitely contact Support, as suggested by @UKR  I'm having no issues with downloading from 5 Fidelity Investments accounts into Q ... which suggests that the issue is specific to your data file or your Q installation.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jadiegiorgis
    jadiegiorgis Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    I tried Tim K.'s suggestion.  After typing in "yes" Quicken crashed.  Now trying to start Quicken with my existing file keeps causing it to crash.  I will have to open up a previous save and re-do my lost work.
This discussion has been closed.