Issue on List of All Account and Bank Reconciliation Date

Options
I use the auto reconciliation and have many accounts.

Issue on the "Account list"  >  Last Reconcilation Date is not correct.

So I have an account with some issue which I think quickens recent duplication download caused issue.  I notice on an account that I have not reconciled for awhile - so it's one I said to finish later BUT ON THE "Account list"  >  Last Reconcilation = it's putting today's date even though I have not completed the reconcilation.  This date should be the last date I successfully reconciled.

Hope you can fix.

Thanks

Brett
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @BRETTB

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Are you experiencing a discrepancy when attempting to update or is the issue isolated to the incorrect date? Does this happen on all of your accounts or specific accounts?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have all my accounts downloading and auto reconciled.  Sometimes I download and don't finish the auto reconciled because something is off so I put it off for later.   If I go to the account list and see last time it was reconciled, it appears it may be putting the date into the reconciled even though not finished - which it should not.

Because if I go into the account list to look at the accounts not reconciled, I am getting false information because it was not reconciled completely.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @BRETTB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try to Validate your data file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Validate and Repair...
    4. Select Validate file
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 3) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coming back to this issue.  I did a super validate yesterday.  So I thought I be a little more focused.

So if I start a reconciliation and do a Finish later, Quicken is putting a date into "Account List"  > "Last Reconciled Column"  even though the reconciliation is not finished.

I think this is NOT RIGHT.

I have a lot of accounts.  50plus maybe 100 and when I'm going down the Account list and looking which accounts need reconciled, I'm looking at the dates.  So the Finish Later puts a reconciled date when it's not completed.

I'm hoping you can fix!