RBC Bank Error -28 (Mac)
System Member admin
edited April 2022 in Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)
This discussion was created from comments split from: RBC Banking Download Error.
Getting Download Error - 28, QCS Server Error:323 since 4/24/21 from trying to download my accounts from RBC (Royal Bank of Canada). I'm using my iMac with Quicken Deluxe Version 6.1.1. Does anyone know how to fix this? Tried contacting Quicken but not able to help and all they said it was a bank issue.0
Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
To start with, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
- Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
- Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
- Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
- Click on the Downloads tab
- Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
- Quit Quicken
- Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
- On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
- Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
- Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
- Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated
- At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
- Wait for the list to finish updating and " Updated: " displays the current date.
- Click the Show List button to continue
- Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
- Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
- If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
Just FWIW, I did manage to get through to support at Quicken and they told me there is a known issue with Quicken connecting to RBC with no prognosis of when it will be resolved. I also tried Anja's suggestions above and I can confirm the issue persists.0
I have the same issue since 04/27. Using Mac Version 6.1.1
Was told by Quicken it is a duplicate account issue with RBC.
Called RBC and they resolved the duplicate account problem by merging the accounts...
Still getting the same error message in Quicken.
Let me know if you have a solution.0
Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭Hello @Julio123
Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to share your experience. There is currently an ongoing issue with RBC. I do not have an ETA but a solution is being worked on.
I will update this post as more information becomes available. Thank you for your patience.
-Quicken TykaISS - 8562062~~~***~~~0
This discussion has been closed.