Can Mobile App initiate one step update (Windows)?

Options
Judyrb
Judyrb Member ✭✭
I will be out of country without desktop Quicken. If I implement the Quicken Mobile App, can I trigger a one step update on the desktop, so I can see latest transactions while I am away for a week?

If not, I guess I can enter transactions manually from the Mobile app, but that doesn't help me until I get home and then do OSU from my desktop.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Judyrb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Yes, you can update your accounts from the Mobile app by swiping down on the screen (both the home screen and/or each account individually). Alternative to the Mobile app, you can also access and update through our Quicken on the Web app which you can access by visiting our Quicken website, click Sign In, then click Sign In under Quicken on the Web.

However, please keep in mind that when you return to your desktop you will need to initiate another sync from your desktop program to the Quicken Cloud in order for the updated data from the Mobile app to transfer to the desktop. You can do so by navigating to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu and click Cloud Sync.

If you haven't already, I do also recommend that you set up Mobile and Web app access first before you intend to use it to avoid future issues and to make sure you are all set and ready to go as any potential issues you may experience will require troubleshooting to be done via the desktop program. Please refer to this support article for instructions on getting set up.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Judyrb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Yes, you can update your accounts from the Mobile app by swiping down on the screen (both the home screen and/or each account individually). Alternative to the Mobile app, you can also access and update through our Quicken on the Web app which you can access by visiting our Quicken website, click Sign In, then click Sign In under Quicken on the Web.

However, please keep in mind that when you return to your desktop you will need to initiate another sync from your desktop program to the Quicken Cloud in order for the updated data from the Mobile app to transfer to the desktop. You can do so by navigating to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu and click Cloud Sync.

If you haven't already, I do also recommend that you set up Mobile and Web app access first before you intend to use it to avoid future issues and to make sure you are all set and ready to go as any potential issues you may experience will require troubleshooting to be done via the desktop program. Please refer to this support article for instructions on getting set up.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Judyrb
    Judyrb Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi.. I do think this will work. I installed the app and chose a couple of accounts. I waited a couple of days and signed in to the Mobile app at home BEFORE I ran OSU on the desktop. This will simulate my situation when I am out of country without desktop for a week in a couple of months. I do receive the transactions. This means Quicken Mobile is accessing the institutions chosen directly and downloading them to the mobile app. When I return from my trip I will initiate OSU from the desktop and then sync everything when I get the desktop popup. Many thanks..
This discussion has been closed.