Quirk - transactions not included in report due to certain Payee characters? (Q Mac)

BarryOH
BarryOH Member
edited June 2 in Reports (Mac)
I have a report that lists all transactions in a category for a year. There are a couple of transactions with the Payee = Cooper, Cindi which do not show up in the report. A duplicate transaction with the Payee = Speelman, Joshua shows up. If I change Cooper in the Payee field to anything else it shows up.
Additionally, I have a similar report that shows only a sub-category of the other report. It shows the Cooper transactions no problem. The selection criteria are identical to the larger report as far as I can tell except for the more limited sub-category selection.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release of Quicken are you using?   US, Canadian or other country version?
    What is your subscription expiration date?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I;d also be interested to know what report you are using in Quicken Mac. Thee very old "Category Summary" report is know to sometime omit data, although I can't tell you what specifically triggers such an omission. This old report is going to be removed from the program at some point, because the newer transaction reports are improved in many ways -- and don't suffer from data omissions.

The quickest way to know if this is the old Category Summary report is whether it shows this on the right side near the top:

If you see that, you're using the old Category Summary report. Instead, go to Transactions > Transaction by Category on the Reports screen, or Create New Report > Transaction. Set the parameters for the category(ies) and date range you want, and the new report should not omit data.

Let us know if this was the issue, or if we need to continue to dig to find out what's going wrong.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993