Historical Budgeting (current month) reporting feature is presenting 12 months....not current month.

The historical budget reporting feature allows user to filter (aka customize) reporting of budget vs actual reporting. When I select a date range of monthly and the corresponding drop down of current month, the reporting feature creates a report of all 12 months.

The remaining 11 months are distracting and clutter the screen and do not allow the user to focus on the current month variance of actual vs budget for the spending categories.

Is this historical budget reporting feature not performing as expected?

Is there an alternative reporting solution to view the current month spending category variances?

Please advise.

John W. Taylor

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021
    Hello @John W. Taylor,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, if you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the report you described above?

After doing some testing, I'm not seeing that there is an option available to select "Current Month" for the Historical Budget report that you specified you're using. When selecting "Month" for Interval, the result of the report is as you described; a breakdown of each month for all 12 months. However, when choosing the Current Budget report; there it does give the option to select "Monthly" and "Current Month", which then successfully displays results for only the month of June.

So, if you haven't already, I suggest trying the Current Budget report and see if that gives you the result you are looking for instead.

Let us know how it goes! 

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• John W. Taylor
    John W. Taylor Member ✭✭
    Hello Anja, I replied to your e-mail message. I pasted the images into the e-mail message with some additional information regarding the current budget feature.

John Taylor
  • John W. Taylor
    John W. Taylor Member ✭✭
    Hello Anja, did you receive my e-mail? Please advise.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting online will likely work better for you than emailing.  The Current Budget report should work.  Did it?

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• John W. Taylor
    John W. Taylor Member ✭✭
    The current budget report does work as long as I don't select a date range of year-to-date. Year-to-date will prorate the budget amounts. I selected a date range of monthly in conjunction with current month and works as expected.
This discussion has been closed.