How do you move a transaction from 1 credit card acct to another? (Q Mac)

Farbecker
Farbecker Member
My wife and I have separate credit card accounts. I mistakenly entered a transaction into my account; should have been hers. How do I move it from mine to hers? It used to be easy to do in earlier versions. Can't figure it out in this new one.

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @Farbecker,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To move transactions from one account to another, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Click and "hold" the transaction you wish to move
    2. Drag and drop (aka let go of) the transaction to the account name you wish to move it to in the left Account List sidebar

You should now see that the transaction is removed from your account and visible in your wife's account.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @Farbecker And you can do this with multiple transactions at one, should you ever need to. Select multiple transactions (click one, shift click another to select everything in between; or Command-click on individual transactions), then drag on any of the highlighted transactions and drop on the destination account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Farbecker
    Farbecker Member
    Answer ✓
    Wow! So easy. Thank you.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    edited June 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @Farbecker,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To move transactions from one account to another, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Click and "hold" the transaction you wish to move
    2. Drag and drop (aka let go of) the transaction to the account name you wish to move it to in the left Account List sidebar

You should now see that the transaction is removed from your account and visible in your wife's account.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    @Farbecker And you can do this with multiple transactions at one, should you ever need to. Select multiple transactions (click one, shift click another to select everything in between; or Command-click on individual transactions), then drag on any of the highlighted transactions and drop on the destination account.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Farbecker
    Farbecker Member
    Answer ✓
    Wow! So easy. Thank you.
  • Quicken Anja
    @Farbecker You're welcome! Glad we could help. :)

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.