Quicken Locks up During Sync
Please try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.
Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:
How to reset Sync to Cloud
- Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
- Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
Thanks for the reply. I tried Reset Sync and it made it through "Erasing Cloud Data" and started to sync. It went through a few sync steps and locked up on "Renaming Rules". I tried a second time and it locked up on "Transactions".0
If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.
- To contact Quicken Support,
please use this link only:
https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support and select Chat or Phone support.
Support is only available during posted hours of operation
- The phone number can be found at the support website.
- To start Chat or see the
support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
- If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support" when you log in with your Quicken ID.
- Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
- Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.
- To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
Thanks, I'll contact support.0
Played around with it this morning and got an error code:
"Error communicating with server (HTTP-306). Try again later."
Not sure if this provides a better hint at what the problem might be.0
Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your sync. I'm wondering if you mighty not be connecting to the server properly with the error you're getting. One thing we can attempt here real quick is to see if we might be able to fix the issue by signing in and out. I'll leave steps down below.
- Go to Edit
- Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
- Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
- Follow the prompts to Sign Out
- Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find. From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.